Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla seats don't move back upon entry or exit??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when taking a test drive, the Owner Advisor actually told me this was a feature the Tesla Did Have. He said you could configure the vehicle to move the seat back and raise the steering wheel on exit. Is this not actually something you can do? My vehicle in still waiting to be produced.

Technically possible by creating a profile named "Exit" or similar with the desired exit positions for seat and steering wheel. The catch is that you manually need to select the "Exit" profile (two taps on the touch screen) before you exit and then select your personal profile again after entering. With the current software, the car will not change profiles automatically.

Well, we just set up a driver profile that moves the seat, steering column, etc. into a less binding position for exit. That works for the driver's side, and we have never felt the need to rearrange the passenger seat for either entry or exit. -- or do I not understand the issue?

This. I have a "Sandwhich" profile I use when I'm eating a sandwhich. It brings the seat back and retracts the steering wheel. I can be used for easy exit of the vehicle too.

Super dumb question - what is "the whole 12V thing" ?

I think maybe an assumption that moving the seats might wear out the little 12 volt. Not an issue. When the car is powered up the vehicle draws 12 volt power from a DC TO DC converter powered by the main battery. You could probably get 200000 miles of seat travel on a single charge.

- - - Updated - - -

We use a setting called garage that sets the car for how we want things when it is parked in the garage at home.