TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla seats don't move back upon entry or exit??

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nototrader, Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Duma

Duma Member

Technically possible by creating a profile named "Exit" or similar with the desired exit positions for seat and steering wheel. The catch is that you manually need to select the "Exit" profile (two taps on the touch screen) before you exit and then select your personal profile again after entering. With the current software, the car will not change profiles automatically.

2. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

This. I have a "Sandwhich" profile I use when I'm eating a sandwhich. It brings the seat back and retracts the steering wheel. I can be used for easy exit of the vehicle too.

3. Mike K

Mike K Member

"Laptop" here. For the days where I want to park by the ocean in Malibu and do some work.

4. xgentryx

xgentryx Member

Super dumb question - what is "the whole 12V thing" ?

5. Roamer

Roamer Member

I think maybe an assumption that moving the seats might wear out the little 12 volt. Not an issue. When the car is powered up the vehicle draws 12 volt power from a DC TO DC converter powered by the main battery. You could probably get 200000 miles of seat travel on a single charge.

- - - Updated - - -

We use a setting called garage that sets the car for how we want things when it is parked in the garage at home.

6. Lex

Lex Member

Actually I'm quite sure there would be times when the traction pack is disengaged and the seats and steering wheel would be running off the poor overworked 12V system alone. So thanks for your certainty at dismissing my point outright #pfft