Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never owned a Tesla before, first time owning one. Always been a Lexus owner. I just recieved my Model Y last Tuesday. I submitted an appointment the same day i got the car to address issues on the car. My appointment is tomorrow.

Today I get an email with an estimated service work order which requires me to sign and accept. The estimate shows everything they need to work on and there is a cost associated with it. Over 1k worth of work. I tried calling my local service center but there is no way to talk to anybody in service.

Is this normal from Tesla?

I seriously regret purchasing this car... Tesla customer service is SOO bad. They basically threatened me in their emails during delivery and now they want to charge me for service on a brand new car? Seriously, what the hell is Tesla doing and why are people always so happy with their service? I can't even ask questions about this work order.

Reactions: teko and Watts_Up
I’ve heard several people say this as normal, That it is just an estimate and it will be adjusted to zero after they fix it under warrantee.

that said, I just took my model y in for some paint issues and alignment and they didn’t make me sign anything..

Reactions: Watts_Up
so today is your 7th day and last day to return the car? i would use that to your leverage and be ready to follow thru on it.

i had a big list of issues and my work order with a list of 18 items were all listed as "good will" with $0 cost. I think the "good will" part is their sneaky way of getting around the lemon law.

I know how it is: You want to love the new thing you purchased, but the experience just makes you hate it. I had this happen on a house I bought. I never learned to like it and every single day, I was reminded of the pain I went through during the purchase. That's just the way I am wired.

Are you still in the window to do a return? If you're that unhappy, maybe that would be for the best. Try again in a couple of years on a model without growing pains and in the midst of a delivery crunch.

I've never owned a Tesla before, first time owning one. Always been a Lexus owner. I just recieved my Model Y last Tuesday. I submitted an appointment the same day i got the car to address issues on the car. My appointment is tomorrow.

Today I get an email with an estimated service work order which requires me to sign and accept. The estimate shows everything they need to work on and there is a cost associated with it. Over 1k worth of work. I tried calling my local service center but there is no way to talk to anybody in service.

Is this normal from Tesla?

I seriously regret purchasing this car... Tesla customer service is SOO bad. They basically threatened me in their emails during delivery and now they want to charge me for service on a brand new car? Seriously, what the hell is Tesla doing and why are people always so happy with their service? I can't even ask questions about this work order.

Call the Service Center, select Service (option #2) then select option about "Car Currently in Service" (option #2).

If your tried the above, were you able to talk to a person in Service?

I had a similar experience. Received the car last Wednesday. Turned the car in for service on Friday. They promised the car will be fixed on Monday. Turns out they over promised and under delivered. They don't have the parts. I'm with you. The service experience was terrible. It is so hard to talk to a human being while the car is in service. I ended up just returning the car. The difference is on my work order, everything was $0.

Reactions: teko
I had a similar experience. Received the car last Wednesday. Turned the car in for service on Friday. They promised the car will be fixed on Monday. Turns out they over promised and under delivered. They don't have the parts. I'm with you. The service experience was terrible. It is so hard to talk to a human being while the car is in service. I ended up just returning the car. The difference is on my work order, everything was $0.

What type of problems did you have? I wasn't offered a loaner only Uber credits. Unfortunately, it looks like there are a lot less Uber drivers now and the wait time was 45 mins... I practically begged my service advisor to get any kind of rental, even if it wasn't a Tesla. No dice. I dropped off on Wednesday, expected completion is Monday.

I didn't want to go through fixing all the issues so I returned the car. Love the technology and the driving experience and I'm sold on the car, but will buy it again when many of the kinks are ironed out. Gotta hand it to them though no other car company would take back the car once you've driven it off the lot.