Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my P90DL on the 24th Sept.
The Tesla staff have been courteous and professional.

Unfortunately had a less than stellar first service. My rear spoiler appeared loose so I had the car checked in 10/11 to have checked out. Tesla replaced the spoiler w. new spoiler.
Sadly looks like the service tech had trouble removing the old spoiler......

iCloud Photo Sharing

Picked up 10/15. I reached out to Tesla Service . Patiently waiting for a response/resolution

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 80
@msnow

When I collected my car on Sat, I was informed that a new spoiler was installed.
Did not occur to me to check the new spoiler/trunk. (Trusted them)
Just too it at face value that 'new spoiler installed' . Original issue resolved.

Only saw the scratches when I got home and noticed some dull/flat spots on the paint job by the spoiler and looked closer and saw that the dull spots were scratches

Reactions: msnow
Had an issue when the SC replaced the rear camera in the 70D under warranty (it was out of focus). Somehow the chrome across the back of the trunk was deeply scratched during the replacement process. I sent a photo of the damage to the SC, and it was replaced on another visit. It was a pain to have to go back, but they did fix the damage the earlier repair caused. It worries me that the "Tesla" experience is going downhill as the deliveries ramp up. I am not sure how the company is going to survive the M3 rollout without significant (positive) changes.

@msnow

When I collected my car on Sat, I was informed that a new spoiler was installed.
Did not occur to me to check the new spoiler/trunk. (Trusted them)
Just too it at face value that 'new spoiler installed' . Original issue resolved.

Only saw the scratches when I got home and noticed some dull/flat spots on the paint job by the spoiler and looked closer and saw that the dull spots were scratches
Have you talked to them about it yet? Everyone makes mistakes some times, the real proof is in what they do about them afterwards.

@green1

I did contact Tesla and as mentioned in my original post was waiting for a "response/resolution"

I have all the confidence it will be resolved to my satisfaction. It goes without saying we all make mistakes. However I do think to expect a 'reaonable' amount of care is not asking too much.

It is really disconcerting that this sort of damage is incurred but not reported to the owner and addressed before returning the car. It's highly unlikely that the technician who did the work didn't notice this (unless the lighting in the pictures make the the scratches more obvious than they are in real life).

That said, all reports I've seen here (and my own experience) suggests that Tesla will take of this for you.

Reactions: Chopr147