Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The recent update 2022.12.3.5 introduced the new service mode interface. One of the main screens there is called “Thermal”. How can we get in and out of the Service Mode on the refreshed Model X and Model S?

Attachments

• 74ACCFA1-F648-4847-BF45-7B01205E4179.jpeg
    74ACCFA1-F648-4847-BF45-7B01205E4179.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3,198
Curious how you have a screen shot but don't know how to enter the mode?

I thought in USA that Service mode was Geo-locked to service centers now. So if you drive to an area near a USA Tesla service center, there is a sequence and password you can use. I recall it is somewhere on the forum here.

Curious how you have a screen shot but don't know how to enter the mode?

I thought in USA that Service mode was Geo-locked to service centers now. So if you drive to an area near a USA Tesla service center, there is a sequence and password you can use. I recall it is somewhere on the forum here.
Supposing service mode was geo-locked, how would mobile service techs do their job?

Air bag curtain recall

Charging goes from 32A to 16A when charging.

Fan noise they said they hear nothing. Of course.

Right rear safety alert. Seat belt. (Safety restraint alert) They said probably fixed with software update.

Cup holder in back seat won’t open No part to fix.

Door not align

Missing piece on trunk drivers side won’t stay on. No part to fix

Rear passenger door didn’t close 3 times. Said obstruction but nothing there. Almost but not totally closed.

Check internet connection. No problem detected.
They had car 12 days and never looked at car until day 12. Then they basically said everything works. They are sending out mobile service for cup holder and piece that’s falling off on back trunk lift. They said they checked the charging problem but only charged 10 miles then said it’s fine. My Y that used my charger all the time never had this problem. This X goes from 32 A to 16 A after about 30 minutes. Says plug is getting hot. This also happens on 40A Tesla wall mount charger after 30 minutes it goes to 16A.
The door alignment they said we need to go to repair shop and take 2-3 weeks. It Looks to just need minor adjustment with hinges.
This is my 4th Tesla and now that they are sell cars so fast their service can’t handle the number of cars requiring service. They cancelled my first service appointment and changed to Mobil. My Second attemp at service I show up on date that they gave me in app and said your appointment is not today it’s in 2 weeks. They literally changed appointment without notifying me. I look at app and of course it’s now the dare they are claiming. Then I show up for the next date and it takes 12 days to look at car. I’ve never in 50 years had a service department treat me like this. I love the new X and I have been a Tesla fan for 7 years. I will not be buying my 5th Tesla unless they get this service fixed.

• Informative
Reactions: Genie and croman
I am in the same boat… 2015 P90D MCU2 AP 1.0
Can get to the state of getting into service mode and entering service on the screen but nothing happens

Same on my 2015 Model S 85D. Tapping and holding where it says Model S under Software will bring up the “Please enter access code” screen but after typing in “service”, nothing happens.