Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Quote On Rotation and Balancing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I scheduled a service appointment to have the tires rotated and balanced. WOW was I shocked at the quoted price of $249... Needless to say I canceled the appointment and now will be taking the MY to Americas tires for $40...

This is the first time I've heard of rebalancing with a rotation being standard.

I had my tires rotated (no rebalancing) by a Tesla Service Ranger at 7k miles a few weeks ago.
Yes, never heard of that either. It won't hurt, but I don't think there is any advantage doing that. A bit of googling suggests to do it though, hard to tell if you should believe those sources or not.

Last edited:
Yes, never heard of that either. It won't hurt, but I don't think there is any advantage doing that. A bit of googling suggests to do it though, hard to tell if you should believe those sources or not.
Never hurts to get it done and if it's free why not? Not unheard of to have a wheel throw a balance weight and wear alone can impact the balance a bit...

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Hmmm, actually I have never had my MX rotated, aligned, etc in the 4 years I've owned it. I got 31,000 miles on the original set of tires and they wore evenly. Now on second set. I guess I am just lucky.
Wow that’s amazing! I have never had tires last more than 18k miles on any performance car I have owned. Usually go through a set every 12-18 months. The only car I was able to achieve 50k miles on a set was my Hummer.

Wow that’s amazing! I have never had tires last more than 18k miles on any performance car I have owned. Usually go through a set every 12-18 months. The only car I was able to achieve 50k miles on a set was my Hummer.
That's a bummer. I'm sure there are a lot of variables as to why I get great tire life and you haven't. One is I don't have the same model car. But also the type of roads and type of driving. You know that though. It brings to mind that whenever I hit the state line going into Northern California on I80, immediately the road gets really rough and REALLY noisy. That's got to be somewhat of a factor as well. Going down that hill into Auburn sounds like I am driving on spikes. Fortunately, I rarely need to go there. Much of my driving is on the interstate and local roads here that are really smooth and quiet.

Reactions: Eric9610