Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Shifts Award Order in Referral Program Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has added a new round to its referral program set to run from May 1 to July 15.

No new awards were added, but the sequence of awards is switched up a bit.

Here’s what was announced on Tesla’s Referral Program website:

1 to 2 Qualifying Referrals:

Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their first and second referrals.

Signature Black Wall Connector

This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature. This award will start shipping in June.

Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids

Share the Tesla experience with your kids, with this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port, just like yours.

3 Qualifying Referrals:

Early Access Token for Solar Roof

Be one of the first to get Solar Roof with this early-access token for priority scheduling of a Solar Roof installation. If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend.

4 Qualifying Referrals:

Owners can choose either of the options below for their fourth referral.

21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Turbine Wheels for Model X

Enhance the performance of your Tesla with these exclusive wheels.

One Week with Model S or Model X

Experience a new Model S or Model X for one week—at home or on the road. If you do not use this award, this exclusive test drive may be given to a friend.

5 Qualifying Referrals:

Tesla Unveiling InvitationExperience an official unveiling event. Owners who reach five referral orders will be invited to a future unveiling event. Your VIP invitation will be valid for you and one guest.

Founders Series Powerwall 2Store energy for future use and provide backup power with this red, limited-production Powerwall 2 home battery. Wait for Powerwall to become available for installation in your area, or take a $7,800 credit to use towards vehicle accessories, service, or a new car. Credits are valid for 12 months from the referral delivery date.

The Powerwall 2 now requires five referrals instead of four. The Early Access Token for Solar Roof is offered after three referrals instead of five. The Arachnid and Turbine Wheels now require four referrals instead of three.

It seems owners in Tesla’s Canadian site shows an option for a credit of Canadian $7,800 (US$6,155) toward a vehicle, accessories or service instead of the Powerwall 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently going to be getting my Model 3 in the next couple of weeks... very excited but where the heck is the Model 3 owners referral program as I know tons of people that would like to put down a grand to wait once they ride in my car or drive it if I let them??? Model 3 owners will be very much approached to understand the car as we are first owners in the WILD... spread the Tesla Love with some Model 3 Love Elon Musk and Team Tesla.

I am currently going to be getting my Model 3 in the next couple of weeks... very excited but where the heck is the Model 3 owners referral program as I know tons of people that would like to put down a grand to wait once they ride in my car or drive it if I let them??? Model 3 owners will be very much approached to understand the car as we are first owners in the WILD... spread the Tesla Love with some Model 3 Love Elon Musk and Team Tesla.
It's because there is no incentive for them to drive new sales when the waitlist is around 400k long

• Funny
Reactions: Amit519

Margins are too small on the 3 for this. Selling a high end car leaves room for sales rewards. It also keeps negative reviews down as someone getting paid is less likely to post bad reviews.

The Tesla showroom sales team also personally make money only with MS & MX sales and not the M3 sales. The M3 sells like hot buns, no need to incentivize them. The more expensive cars sales are the ones that need to be promoted with referral awards etc.

The Tesla showroom sales team also personally make money only with MS & MX sales and not the M3 sales. The M3 sells like hot buns, no need to incentivize them. The more expensive cars sales are the ones that need to be promoted with referral awards etc.
Well, the first 500,000 or so are already "sold" and waiting for deposits to be configured into actual orders. Anyway, last I read these are straight salary jobs and no commissions. So I think you are in error. No one getting paid extra for sales.AND everyone pays the same price. Imagine that.

Well, the first 500,000 or so are already "sold" and waiting for deposits to be configured into actual orders. Anyway, last I read these are straight salary jobs and no commissions. So I think you are in error. No one getting paid extra for sales.AND everyone pays the same price. Imagine that.
I could swear my OA mentioned that they personally did not get anything for M3 sales but they stood to benefit from MSand MX sales.

I was happy to get my letter after getting my first referral saying I was going to receive either a "mini Tesla" or a wall charger. Since I have no grandchildren and probably won't for a long time, if ever, I chose a wall charger. I thought that was a very nice gesture after just one referral! Just placed my order for it last night!:)

I bought the Tesla solar panels for my home in March 2017. I was given a referral code at that time and was told I could even get credit for my own purchase of a Tesla.
Bought a new 2017 Model X in December 2017. Was told I would get a wall charger for my garage.
Bought a new 2018 Model S P100D in early March 2018. Was told I would get a radio controlled model.
On my referral, my neighbor ordered a new 2018 S which was delivered about the same time as mine. I was told I would get a set of 21" forged wheels for my S.
I have had at least 20 contacts with Tesla in the last two months. They keep telling me to be patient and that there is some glitch from their end. They do acknowledge that I am due the rewards but to date, almost six months since my first purchase, I have not received anything.
I have spent about $400,000 but they seem unable to help me with this issue. The way I have been treated, I don't think I would recommend the company to anyone.

I bought the Tesla solar panels for my home in March 2017. I was given a referral code at that time and was told I could even get credit for my own purchase of a Tesla.
Bought a new 2017 Model X in December 2017. Was told I would get a wall charger for my garage.
Bought a new 2018 Model S P100D in early March 2018. Was told I would get a radio controlled model.
On my referral, my neighbor ordered a new 2018 S which was delivered about the same time as mine. I was told I would get a set of 21" forged wheels for my S.
I have had at least 20 contacts with Tesla in the last two months. They keep telling me to be patient and that there is some glitch from their end. They do acknowledge that I am due the rewards but to date, almost six months since my first purchase, I have not received anything.
I have spent about $400,000 but they seem unable to help me with this issue. The way I have been treated, I don't think I would recommend the company to anyone.
On the phone app, click on the Loot Box and go down to My Awards - it should show you the estimate for when each of the selected rewards will be available. If you received the email to redeem your award, that is. If not, I would keep chasing Tesla!

On the phone app, click on the Loot Box and go down to My Awards - it should show you the estimate for when each of the selected rewards will be available. If you received the email to redeem your award, that is. If not, I would keep chasing Tesla!

Maxwell sounds like a lot of other owners. Problem is they keep buying Tesla products anyway. So why should Tesla rush to meet promised goods or services?