Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opened my sunroof today after lunch to show it to someone. just after it started to roll back I heard a "SNAP" the passenger side arm of the wind deflector broke. as the rain started I struggled to close the wounded hatch. I eventually got it shut. I made an appointment with the SC for a pickup in the AM and went back to work. after getting off work I jumped in my car and started toward town laughing at the cars on the other side of the highway inching along, bumper to bumper. as I got up to the speed limit I noticed the wind noise and stopped laughing and started to cry. I wouldn't be waiting until the morning for the ranger service to pickup my car. after 5 minutes of driving to the next exit, I turned around and inched along for another half hour to get back to where I started. another 20 minutes and I was at the SC picking up my Rotisserie red P85 loaner.
got my car back this AM. when they dropped off they said that I should have waited when I dropped it off. they had it fixed before they closed shop. At least I got to drive a Red car.

- - - Updated - - -

I typically see at least a couple Teslas stuck in traffic going west in the pearl city area while I'm driving along at full freeway speed in the zipper lane :) Figured they're on their way to the service center.

that must have been me going to the SC last night.

New gray P85D driving in Mililani today.I like the zero emissions temp plates better. At least registration is for 2 years now.
image.jpg

sell your car and you'll only be $90k short :tongue:

or I could sell that new Blue 70D that I'll be test driving in July:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Just stopped at my favorite "Watering hole" but a black MS pulled in right ahead of me.:eek: the car was full of Chaminade graduates going to their graduation ceremony at the Blaisdell.:biggrin: He frantically swiped his credit card trying to get it started before I got out of my car.:tongue: I explained that it needed the chargepoint card to activate. as a frown:frown: graced his face I swiped my chargepoint card for him:cool: and allowed him to plug in. He promised to plug me in when he was done with graduation.:smile: of course as soon as he unplugs I will have to run over and swipe again.:redface: Just gotta watch the web site to see when he is done.

Oh and I gave him one of the TMC-Hawaii business cards that Nanimac and Akikiki gave me.

DSmith, you're a gentleman and a scholar for doing the swipe today. As for that Blue 70D, Nanimac is going to whisk it over to the islands faster than you can say "insane". The only blue 70D you're likely to see in July will be one with my best friend giving you a hangdog expression from the back seat.

or I could sell that new Blue 70D that I'll be test driving in July:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Just stopped at my favorite "Watering hole" but a black MS pulled in right ahead of me.:eek: the car was full of Chaminade graduates going to their graduation ceremony at the Blaisdell.:biggrin: He frantically swiped his credit card trying to get it started before I got out of my car.:tongue: I explained that it needed the chargepoint card to activate. as a frown:frown: graced his face I swiped my chargepoint card for him:cool: and allowed him to plug in. He promised to plug me in when he was done with graduation.:smile: of course as soon as he unplugs I will have to run over and swipe again.:redface: Just gotta watch the web site to see when he is done.

Oh and I gave him one of the TMC-Hawaii business cards that Nanimac and Akikiki gave me.