Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

*TESLA SIGNATURE BLACK WALL CHARGER*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For future reference this person used the email address [email protected]

Based on my reading, try to cancel the payment at the pay.google website. Even if the money left your account, try to cancel. I cancelled my transaction a couple of hours after I initiated it, but Google still debited my account yesterday. In their site I see my money will come back to me on October 24th.

If that fails, Dispute!
Dispute, report, or cancel a payment - Computer - Google Pay Help

Last edited:
Update: I disputed the payment with Google Pay and they "found that no system error or other unauthorized activity was connected to this transaction, so we can’t take any further action."

It's hard to believe that Google Pay can't look into the scammers account, see multiple transactions for the same amount, and then freeze the user account until the issue is resolved. Fraud is happening on their site, and they turn their head the other way and say that the system is working properly. If it was PayPal, I bet this would have been handled much differently.

I filed a fraud claim with my bank, I hope that they will be able to look into it and try to stop this scammer.

Except Paypal good and services payment, all payment methods such as Venmo, FacebookPay and Google Pay are meant to pay someone you know and not reversible, unless you claimed you did not authorize that payment. I hope you paid with credit card which you can easily dispute as fraud. If you paid with your bank account, unfortunately they would not do anything.

Awesome! I didn't lose anything here, but any of you that did should consider filing a police report and providing them the details you were given along the way. Google won't give us the time of day, but they are generally willing to help our law enforcement friends.