Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some new things to play with

Driver Door Unlock Mode

Unlock only the driver door when approaching the vehicle
by tapping Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode.

Driver Profiles
Each Driver Profile will now have its own individual Work and Home address.
To update, select your profile, tap Navigation and long press either Work or Home.

Vehicle Sync (Beta)
Driver Profile settings such as seat, mirror and steering wheel positions can now synchronize across supported vehicles owned by the same Tesla Account. To enable for a particular profile, tap the Profile icon from the status bar > Driver Profile Settings > Vehicle Sync (Beta).

Note: Some settings will only synchronize between the same vehicle type.

Note: This feature is only enabled on select vehicles for testing.

Autopark

Autopark now identifies perpendicular parking spots using painted markings and road edges

• Helpful
Reactions: Audietron
Some new things to play with

Driver Door Unlock Mode

Unlock only the driver door when approaching the vehicle
by tapping Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode.

Driver Profiles
Each Driver Profile will now have its own individual Work and Home address.
To update, select your profile, tap Navigation and long press either Work or Home.

Vehicle Sync (Beta)
Driver Profile settings such as seat, mirror and steering wheel positions can now synchronize across supported vehicles owned by the same Tesla Account. To enable for a particular profile, tap the Profile icon from the status bar > Driver Profile Settings > Vehicle Sync (Beta).

Note: Some settings will only synchronize between the same vehicle type.

Note: This feature is only enabled on select vehicles for testing.

Autopark

Autopark now identifies perpendicular parking spots using painted markings and road edges
So I did something wrong and you beat me to software update this time... or it's like winning a lotto.... noone knows untill alert pops up on random cars that it's your lucky day "Tesla decided to provide you software update" 😆

Hey team,
I picked up my M3 SR yesterday. I have connected it to my house Wifi - definitely reaches the car because I can stream netflix/youtube etc. But for some reason the car hasn't been downloading this latest update 2021.40.6. I have this message on my app, and the car says its downloading but with no progress bar? Am I doing something wrong? I have done the press the 2 steering wheel buttons reset a couple of times but not change?

Help?

Screenshot_20211215-093527_Tesla (2).jpg

Hey team,
I picked up my M3 SR yesterday. I have connected it to my house Wifi - definitely reaches the car because I can stream netflix/youtube etc. But for some reason the car hasn't been downloading this latest update 2021.40.6. I have this message on my app, and the car says its downloading but with no progress bar? Woke up this morning and nothing had changed overnight either. Am I doing something wrong? I have done the press the 2 steering wheel buttons reset a couple of times but not change?

Help?

View attachment 744438

Hey team,
I picked up my M3 SR yesterday. I have connected it to my house Wifi - definitely reaches the car because I can stream netflix/youtube etc. But for some reason the car hasn't been downloading this latest update 2021.40.6. I have this message on my app, and the car says its downloading but with no progress bar? Am I doing something wrong? I have done the press the 2 steering wheel buttons reset a couple of times but not change?

Help?

Could be that the netflix is coming via 4g and the wifi isn't properly connected? We had issues with spotty coverage in the garage until I rearranged the mesh stations.

Sorry to hear that this has happened, must have cast a bit of a shadow on things

What does the wireless signal strength look like in the car
maybe it's not consistent
If your desperate you could try hotspot off your cell phone
But if it's been suck over night and you've rebooted the car a few times it's prob not going to help

Probably best bet is either service request via the Tesla app
Or roadside assist 0800 number if I remember correctly last time I called there were 2 options
1 for emergency help and the another for everything else

Last edited:
Hey team,

Help?

View attachment 744438

you need to trigger software reset... following steps will do some trick:

1. go to settings
  2. Help/support
  3. change wheel
  4. note down the wheel type...
  5. change wheel type to any random.
  6. it will reboot the screen and software will reset.
  7. repeat the steps 1-5 in order to set the original wheel type
  8. it will reset again.
  9. Now make sure it's connected to wifi...
  10. go back to life - now only prayers will help to put you back in queue for update push, as there is no specific order how updates are rolled out.... every time you reset, you are probably going at back of the queue, for what I know or don't know.
Praying to Times Man of the Year 2021 sometime works, other time not - lol ;)

you need to trigger software reset... following steps will do some trick:

1. go to settings
  2. Help/support
  3. change wheel
  4. note down the wheel type...
  5. change wheel type to any random.
  6. it will reboot the screen and software will reset.
  7. repeat the steps 1-5 in order to set the original wheel type
  8. it will reset again.
  9. Now make sure it's connected to wifi...
  10. go back to life - now only prayers will help to put you back in queue for update push, as there is no specific order how updates are rolled out.... every time you reset, you are probably going at back of the queue, for what I know or don't know.
Praying to Times Man of the Year 2021 sometime works, other time not - lol ;)
I did the "Power Off" function through the screen and that seemed to fix it. Thanks for all the tips and tricks 🤙
20211215_182714.jpg

this is the second update you received and I am still waiting.
My car is starved of any latest updates for quite some time now.
I aggressively blame Elon Musk for this delays (see I try to elonyfy, hope it works) 😆
With software updates I gave up trying to figure out how why and when
At one point cars with FSD were supposed to be further up the software update food chain
but that didn't seem to last

btw 2021.44.6 is starting to roll out now

• Funny
With software updates I gave up trying to figure out how why and when
At one point cars with FSD were supposed to be further up the software update food chain
but that didn't seem to last

btw 2021.44.6 is starting to roll out now
well roll-out doesn't matter when I stopped getting last versions... 🤷‍♂️
However, I noticed that at random times on city streets it started to offer changing lanes during auto driving... this was restricted to motorways before. It could be sneaky feature change, Christmas present, or something I over looked before... or as simple as - some roads have name as bypass, highway in Auckland and based on names they are allowed to have auto/assisted lane-change.

well roll-out doesn't matter when I stopped getting last versions... 🤷‍♂️
However, I noticed that at random times on city streets it started to offer changing lanes during auto driving... this was restricted to motorways before. It could be sneaky feature change, Christmas present, or something I over looked before... or as simple as - some roads have name as bypass, highway in Auckland and based on names they are allowed to have auto/assisted lane-change.
Interesting I'll have to give that I try
Normally I don't use FSD off the motorway

Interesting I'll have to give that I try
Normally I don't use FSD off the motorway
I believe I am getting hidden upgrades... no software update notifications in last 5 weeks but noticed following changes:
  1. FSD now changing land on most streets.
  2. FSD now able to take turn at signal in most scenarios, except some where it gives usual heart attack.
  3. FSD now gives plenty warning, changes colour of screen to first blue and then RED without just turning off FSD and creating risk scenario.
  4. FSD now having traffic aware navigation alerts and it actually changes speed to 30 where work in progress and 40 in school zones.
  5. When driving if you click on music options, instead of getting to full screen it shows banner at bottom with current active station/service. then we need to swipe up if we need more... much better than losing navigation visibility (or FSD lane change alerts).
  6. Wipers are now turning on without rain, mostly few minutes before rain starts.... it's like car knows rain future and starts to wipe glass before it rains - lol 😂
  7. Radio stations randomly goes away or stop playing... sort of bug I guess
I am at almost 2900 KMs now... least 2800 of those KMs on FSD as I am forcing it to work hard... and it's almost there, but gets benefit of doubt from me at many scenarios...

My aim is to finally get a car I paid for... I shouldn't be working hard to help them build it as I already paid for it.... I guess they should give me full refund for being active Guiana pig making sure no one else gets hurn when helping them improve FSD - if not for car and FSD, at least for FSD (as it was crap before last 2400 KMs)

Number 4 I'll have to pay more attention to that
I haven't see it increase or decrease speed automatically on the motorway when the speed limit changes

A: 80km/h changes to 100km/h zone, speed limit indication changes to 100 but AP/FSD speed limit stays at 80
B: 100km/h changes to 80km/h zone, speed limit indication changes to 80 but AP/FSD speed limit says at 100
it's quite happy to blast along at 100

Scenario A isn't to much of a drama, scenario B could cost a bit of coin