Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sssssh... it's privacy feature by Tesla.
Tesla users stop complaining about live sentry, but get back to future VCR quality video to protect privacy of everyone on video 🤪
I think you've got something there 'Forward to the past' the next installment Marty McFly and Doc Brown trade the DeLorean in for a Tesla
and have to solve the mystery why a 21 century car has 1980 security camera view
Is it a feature, a conspiracy, or were they just blinded by the blind spot camera view when using the indicators at night
and why Tesla service insist it's with in spec
Better get Spielberg on the blower stat! and secure your exorbitant writers fee

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
I have Android Tesla app v 4.14.1-1395
I can see unlatch drivers door in quick controls > customise controls
To access customise controls in the app
Long press on quick controls (just under the car image)
Oh OK, didn't played around there for sometime, thanks for pointing it out.

Screenshot_20221022_190641_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: Ecoli
I think you've got something there 'Forward to the past' the next installment Marty McFly and Doc Brown trade the DeLorean in for a Tesla
and have to solve the mystery why a 21 century car has 1980 security camera view
Is it a feature, a conspiracy, or were they just blinded by the blind spot camera view when using the indicators at night
and why Tesla service insist it's with in spec
Better get Spielberg on the blower stat! and secure your exorbitant writers fee
Great analogy...
Either that or it's time of the year when Elonta is after naughty drivers in hope to improve them score and gift proper resolutions on Christmas...

It's called budget gifting, silently take it away for sometime, then gift it back as fresh gift 🤣🙄😂

PS: it has no relation with driving skills or driving itself, it's always about Elonta worshipping 🤥😂😂🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
Sentry mode live camera access
When in use the cars headlights will pulse and the touchscreen will show Sentry mode is activated
Please note it is your responsibility to consult and comply with all local regulations and property restrictions regarding video recordings.
Live Camera is end to end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla.

hmm Camera's Unavailable Daily data limit reached
I'm at home both car and phone connected to WiFi
I think I tired remote view about 2 times today when not connected to wifi not for very long

Last edited:
  • Funny
Sentry mode live camera access
When in use the cars headlights will pulse and the touchscreen will show Sentry mode is activated
Please note it is your responsibility to consult and comply with all local regulations and property restrictions regarding video recordings.
Live Camera is end to end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla.

hmm daily data limit exceeded I'm at home both car and phone connected to WiFi
I think I tired remote view about 2 times today when not connected to wifi not for very long
Is there daily data limit? Never read anywhere...
I watch movies all the time, with Netflix quality being least 10 times better than live sentry, it would hit the limit once 🤔

Is there daily data limit? Never read anywhere...
I watch movies all the time, with Netflix quality being least 10 times better than live sentry, it would hit the limit once 🤔
maybe something crashed, I'll try a reboot and see what happens
I edited my original post to the actual error message
Camera's Unavailable Daily data limit reached

I've been slacking off on my Tesla NetFlix binging, I've not watched anything in car for months!

Last edited:
Netflix & spotify are working
tried thumb wheel reboot
power off
change wheels to something else and back
app restart
still the same after each

I'll let it sleep and see what happens tomorrow

Quick Google I found this, I most definitely didn't have sentry remote view on for more than 90 min
it was probably on for about 5 minutes total, on cellular connected twice
Plus I was at home on WiFi when it stopped after another 1 successful view at dusk for about 5 min
When I tried again when it was dark Camera's Unavailable Daily data limit reached

Last edited:
For science I tried remote view outside in the dark
Can't see much until the headlights flash
looks like it flashes headlights and taillights every 25-30 seconds
neighbors must have wondered what the hell was going on

I suppose if it was real dark and you needed to see what was going on
RSV needs a mode that turns the lights on

• Informative
For science I tried remote view outside in the dark
Can't see much until the headlights flash
looks like it flashes headlights and taillights every 25-30 seconds
neighbors must have wondered what the hell was going on

I suppose if it was real dark and you needed to see what was going on
RSV needs a mode that turns the lights on
Interesting... because videos captured by sentry mode and saved on USB are properly bright with IR.

Also, 90 minutes limit, but every time you honk, it should save the clip locally, better resolution.

Last edited:
Anybody with 2022.36.5 having preconditioning weirdness?

Car started to precondition, but being a holiday I cancelled it from the app, but then the fans/heat pump could be heard running, so opened the app and turn A/C on then off and it stopped...And then restarted a few minutes later..
Did you check if overheat protection is having A/C on?
Hot days so it will keep on turning fans for battery, car temperature controls, if AC option is on then even more.