Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too much waiting for 2022.40.4... jumping the queue 🤪

Screenshot_20221115_075427_Tesla.jpg

View attachment 874567

Nothing new... heaps of patches I guess.
I noticed that once I enabled Drivers door unlock mode... passanger cN no longer open the doors from inside or outside... also when approaching car with groceries, first need to open Drivers door or manually unlock car before being able to open the boot... before it was proximity based and easy to open boot to put groceries in.

Disabled the feature as it looks like breaking many other features in car 🙄

it sounds like drivers door unlock mode was working as intended. it only unlocks the drivers door unless you manually unlock the rest. I think its intended for people that live in sketchy places that are prone to car jackings. they dont want the doors to unlock and someone jumping in the passenger door.

Reactions: Ecoli and Matt_NZ
Yeh minor revisions are normally patches or fixing s

2020.40.1 waiting to download
I noticed that once I enabled Drivers door unlock mode... passanger cN no longer open the doors from inside or outside... also when approaching car with groceries, first need to open Drivers door or manually unlock car before being able to open the boot... before it was proximity based and easy to open boot to put groceries in.

Disabled the feature as it looks like breaking many other features in car 🙄
I tried drivers door unlock, only unlocks drivers door all other doors and boot stays locked
With driver door unlock on the boot will no longer open if car is locked and I approach with cell phone
After opening drivers door, long press on drivers door open internal button, hazards flash, horn beeps and all doors are unlocked
allowing passenger access

I suppose it's more secure, but less convenient
Turned it off, it's quite usefull being able to open the boot without having to unlock the car

Reactions: Audietron
Yeh minor revisions are normally patches or fixing s

2020.40.1 waiting to download

I tried drivers door unlock, only unlocks drivers door all other doors and boot stays locked
With driver door unlock on the boot will no longer open if car is locked and I approach with cell phone
After opening drivers door, long press on drivers door open internal button, hazards flash, horn beeps and all doors are unlocked
allowing passenger access

I suppose it's more secure, but less convenient
Turned it off, it's quite usefull being able to open the boot without having to unlock the car
Exactly...
Proximity based access is key for all car with immobilizer fitted. Or connected via Bluetooth as in this case.

Not being able to open boot is inconvenience, but no other door opens from outside anymore is risk of turning wife angry, can't have her unable to get in car 😂

Hopefully they fix this and make it functional alongside other existing features... probably restricted to only lock/unlock all doors/windows when inside like every other car in market.

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
Exactly...
Proximity based access is key for all car with immobilizer fitted. Or connected via Bluetooth as in this case.

Not being able to open boot is inconvenience, but no other door opens from outside anymore is risk of turning wife angry, can't have her unable to get in car 😂

Hopefully they fix this and make it functional alongside other existing features... probably restricted to only lock/unlock all doors/windows when inside like every other car in market.
lol true, I don't fancy having to retrain everyone on how to get in the car
it was bad enough with the door handles

• Funny
View attachment 874567

Nothing new... heaps of patches I guess.
I'm surprised your car doesn't have the "DC charging Improvements" note. Maybe it's a Long Range/Performance only addition? Since that update, my car will no longer waste power trying to heat the battery pack at 50kW chargers, so I get the full 49kW as soon as it plugs in rather than sitting at 37kW for a while.

I'm surprised your car doesn't have the "DC charging Improvements" note. Maybe it's a Long Range/Performance only addition? Since that update, my car will no longer waste power trying to heat the battery pack at 50kW chargers, so I get the full 49kW as soon as it plugs in rather than sitting at 37kW for a while.
Probably, my car is RWD starting model as never intended to buy model 3, waiting to replace with model S/X/Cybertruck anything 😂

My car is using heatpump or fans more than I do at home... and it's mostly in garage during day.