Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla solar and power wall cost on site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's my understanding that the prices are pretty accurate unless you need any upgrades to your main panel to support the installation. That's certainly been my experience.

If you're unable to do whole house backup (that's unlikely with 3 powerwalls) you may also have to pay extra to separate critical loads into another panel.

It's my understanding that the prices are pretty accurate unless you need any upgrades to your main panel to support the installation. That's certainly been my experience.

If you're unable to do whole house backup (that's unlikely with 3 powerwalls) you may also have to pay extra to separate critical loads into another panel.

The part I bolded really (really really) depends on each home and its loads, so is not accurate to say "its unlikely to be able to back up whole home with 3 powerwalls). Some people can back up their whole home with 2, for example. I would say that 3 powerwalls looks like whole home backup to me, unless there are multiple car chargers etc, with that size PV system.

This OP also shows location as "Hawaii" and many times in Hawaii there are surcharges and such for things due to shipping costs to get them there, or other excuses by suppliers there (captive market issue).

Back to OPs question.

OP, installing solar and powerwalls is a construction project. It has a base cost, which tesla adheres to, but just like any other construction project there can be add ons that are needed to complete the work. In this case, "add ons" would be things like extra labor for long trenching runs, requests to run conduit through the attic or other wise go out of way to hide conduit, upgrading main panel because it can not support install, etc etc.

So, the base price is accurate, and if your home needs no extra work to install, then yes... but its a construction project, so if your home needs additional work other than the "basic" that is included in the price on line, yes there will be additional charges.

The part I bolded really (really really) depends on each home and its loads, so is not accurate to say "its unlikely to be able to back up whole home with 3 powerwalls). Some people can back up their whole home with 2, for example. I would say that 3 powerwalls looks like whole home backup to me, unless there are multiple car chargers etc, with that size PV system..

Sorry my use of a double negative was confusing... I was saying you'll probably be able to do a whole house backup with 3 powerwalls. Of course every situation will vary but I would imagine this covers the majority of homes. I have 200 amp service and a 100 amp subpanel and I'm doing whole house backup with 2 powerwalls. They mostly just care about the size of the individual breakers from what I understand. My largest breakers are 2x50 amp for EV charging. I would never use these in a backup scenario but it makes it easier to back them up anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Sorry my use of a double negative was confusing... I was saying you'll probably be able to do a whole house backup with 3 powerwalls. Of course every situation will vary but I would imagine this covers the majority of homes. I have 200 amp service and a 100 amp subpanel and I'm doing whole house backup with 2 powerwalls. They mostly just care about the size of the individual breakers from what I understand. My largest breakers are 2x50 amp for EV charging. I would never use these in a backup scenario but it makes it easier to back them up anyway.

Lol, I need to get my coffee this morning. You are right, I see the double negative there now, but it didnt register in my head when I read it the first time :p

I agree with you, its unlikely that a person wouldnt be able to do home backup with 3 powerwalls :D

Lol, I need to get my coffee this morning. You are right, I see the double negative there now, but it didnt register in my head when I read it the first time :p

I agree with you, its unlikely that a person wouldnt be able to do home backup with 3 powerwalls :D

Statistically speaking, it's unlikely that double negatives will not result in a miscommunication.

I'm not even sure what I just said. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin

In Florida, solar systems are tax exempt. There's a form you fill out and give to your project manager. That made it come out to $115 @ 20 yrs exactly how they had it on the site before the price hike.