Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar/ IL/ Rebates and quote new thread request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to bring up this old thread to ask a question.

The Tesla agreement says "for life of the system" for the REC credit section of the agreement. IL Adjustable Block Program is 15 years pre-payment of the SREC credits. Does this mean after 15 years Tesla keeps any SREC produced? I'm trying to understand this because this would mean that normally after 15 years, under IL ABP, you can sell any additional SREC produced. Under Tesla agreement you lose out on that option.
upload_2020-8-20_11-22-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-20_11-21-33.png
    upload_2020-8-20_11-21-33.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 81
  • upload_2020-8-20_11-22-17.png
    upload_2020-8-20_11-22-17.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 46
I wanted to bring up this old thread to ask a question.

The Tesla agreement says "for life of the system" for the REC credit section of the agreement. IL Adjustable Block Program is 15 years pre-payment of the SREC credits. Does this mean after 15 years Tesla keeps any SREC produced? I'm trying to understand this because this would mean that normally after 15 years, under IL ABP, you can sell any additional SREC produced. Under Tesla agreement you lose out on that option.
View attachment 578637

That was also my concern. Tesla allows you either to either accept their buyout or reject it. If you reject it, Tesla will give you the paperwork to submit for the IL Block Program but you have to find an aggregator (approve vendor) to submit it for the Block Program. SRECTrade and Carbon Solution only take installers as clients. You can get a little more money from the Block Program if you go this route. But so far I have not been able to find an approved vendor to submit on my behalf. If you find an approved vendor please let me know.

I just want to reply here that under no circumstances do I recommend Windsoleil anymore. They royally screwed up the paperwork to receive my SREC and nearly a year after having the system installed I am still waiting for my rebate. Checking the IL ABP website I am still not even in the submitted phase, it is absolutely ridiculous.

I just want to reply here that under no circumstances do I recommend Windsoleil anymore. They royally screwed up the paperwork to receive my SREC and nearly a year after having the system installed I am still waiting for my rebate. Checking the IL ABP website I am still not even in the submitted phase, it is absolutely ridiculous.
Yikes! Reading all the old thread it seemed like a good choice, thanks for providing the updated information. Tesla gives you this credit upfront but any SRECs after 15 years belongs to them. I'm guessing the SRECs would not be worth a lot in 15 years but Tesla having that clause in there makes it small road block for me.