Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DFW area -- Arlingtn,TX
ORdered custom on 06/06/2022
Switched from custom design to standard designs 7.2kW system on 06/16/2022/
chat on 06/28 for progress and requested design for HOA approval , they uploaded design in my account at 06/28/2022
chat again on 06/11/2022 to check progress and they claimed it will be 4 weeks before design ready and permit application, hour later recieved notification permit submitted.
06/13/2022 notification recieved in morning permit approved, waiting to schedule installation. 4 hours later installation scheduled for 08/05/2022.
to be continued...
Tesla crew showed up at 7:05 this morning and was done with the install by 12:00pm. Crew was very friendly, they told me everything is good to go and producing as intended. But they turned the breaker off outside and asked me to keep it off until i get PTO. It means i will not be able to use production from my solar system for my consumption only either. When i open Tesla app, i dont see anything in there either to show me my system installed.
Status changed to "City or county inspection:Ready", will report later on how long does that take.

Reactions: Appi Bh and Jones1
DFW area -- Arlingtn,TX
chat on 06/28 for progress and requested design for HOA approval , they uploaded design in my account at 06/28/2022
chat again on 06/11/2022 to check progress and they claimed it will be 4 weeks before design ready and permit application, hour later recieved notification permit submitted.
06/13/2022 notification recieved in morning permit approved, waiting to schedule installation. 4 hours later installation scheduled for 08/05/2022.
to be continued...
Tesla crew showed up at 7:05 this morning and was done with the install by 12:00pm. Crew was very friendly, they told me everything is good to go and producing as intended. But they turned the breaker off outside and asked me to keep it off until i get PTO. It means i will not be able to use production from my solar system for my consumption only either. When i open Tesla app, i dont see anything in there either to show me my system installed.
Status changed to "City or county inspection:Ready", will report later on how long does that take.
Recieved call from Tesla on sunday evening 08/07 to schedule city inspection for next day.
City inspection performed and passed on 08/08/2022 and recieved message to submit down payment which was paid in next 5 minutes.
Status changed to payment submitted and money deducted from account on 08/09/2022.

Reactions: Jones1
Recieved call from Tesla on sunday evening 08/07 to schedule city inspection for next day.
City inspection performed and passed on 08/08/2022 and recieved message to submit down payment which was paid in next 5 minutes.
Status changed to payment submitted and money deducted from account on 08/09/2022.
Wow. That's great. Thing's are moving quickly for you. I'm still waiting on Centerpoint. 😢

DFW area -- Arlingtn,TX
to be continued...
payment successfully processed on 08/13/2022
Recieved email from ONCOR for "project created" , then "TA esign notification" on 08/22/2022
signed the agreement right away
Recieved email form ONCOR for "interconnection agreement" ready to be signed which i signed right away on 08/23/2022
Recieved email from ONCOR PTO granted you can turn on the system, PTO letter included on 08/25/2022.

When i reached out to tesla about PTO issued they had no idea and asked me to forward the PTO letter which i did and then they said we notified the interconnection team they will send you email with instructions on how to activate.
Key to keep things moving is pretty much everyday i was reaching out to tesla through chat to check status on my project and magically the same day i would see progress or the next day.

Great to see this thread for our area. I placed an order for solar panels and hoping to have them installed by the end of year. Fingers crossed. Is there anyway to check the status of the centerpoint process? Just hope Tesla is paying attention if any issues arise.

Ordered - 6/4/2022
Home assessment - 6/29/2022
Final Design - 7/11/2022
Houston City Permit Submitted - 7/21/202
Houston City Permit Approved - 8/12/2022
Centerpoint interconnect sent - 8/4/2022

Great to see this thread for our area. I placed an order for solar panels and hoping to have them installed by the end of year. Fingers crossed. Is there anyway to check the status of the centerpoint process? Just hope Tesla is paying attention if any issues arise.

Ordered - 6/4/2022
Final Design - 7/11/2022
woww that is long wait time for city and centerpoint both. here in DFW, my city processed and issued permit next day and Oncor which is utility provider for north texas just like centerpoint processed and issued interconnection in 3 days. good luck. do you have panels installed and what is your system?

I envy of people living in other big cities in Texas, outside of Houston. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US yet it got bogged down with lack of resources.
I have a huge system. 43 kw of solar roof and 6 PWs. We will have a 600 amps service run into the house. The order has gone through a long journey and we had Tesla came and finish the dry in 2 weeks ago. It took a team of 6 people and over a week to put on the membrane. They will come back in Oct for solar roof, assuming that we got centerpoint permission by then.

Ordered - 6/4/2022
Final Design - 7/11/2022
I was looking this week for a way to check with Centerpoint. I have a coworker who lives in Fort Bend County. He is under Centerpoint too. He went with another Vendor. Not Tesla. He ordered panels and Powerwall’s a couple of days after me. He already has an installation date for next month. I have no install date set. Tesla is only telling me. They are waiting on Centerpoint.

woww that is long wait time for city and centerpoint both. here in DFW, my city processed and issued permit next day and Oncor which is utility provider for north texas just like centerpoint processed and issued interconnection in 3 days. good luck. do you have panels installed and what is your system?
That would be amazing, the guy that came out for the home assessment told me because I was in the city limits it would take longer. Waiting for Centerpoint and once that is approved then Tesla will schedule an appointment for install. I just have a feeling everything is just going to keep getting pushed out.

System: 9.2 Kw + 2 Powerwalls

Originally ordered a bigger system but didn’t have the roof space to support it. Next house will not be multistory for this very reason.

I’m currently Using Smart Meter Texas. To keep track of my Daily energy usage. No app only a website is available. Since I left Reliant and switched to MP2 (Shell Energy). I’ve been looking for a better way to track usage. Does anyone recommend a app? I’m still waiting for Solar install. Thanks

I just noticed a neighbor across the street from me. Has solar panels installed. The house is new. They just moved in around February or March. The solar panels aren’t Tesla Solar panels. I can tell by the color and size. I’m thinking Tesla is holding orders in my area back. Because they don’t have all the material to install or there installation team is behind as well. I’m hoping for a Thanksgiving install now.

I’m currently Using Smart Meter Texas. To keep track of my Daily energy usage. No app only a website is available. Since I left Reliant and switched to MP2 (Shell Energy). I’ve been looking for a better way to track usage. Does anyone recommend a app? I’m still waiting for Solar install. Thanks
I’m surprised the MP2 website doesn’t provide any tracking. My provider Amigo Energy does it by hour/week/month. Still, easiest way is download the data from Smart Meter Texas, add a column for hour and then turn into a Pívot Table in excel. Sort by date/hour and Sum usage

I started the CenterPoint application at the end of May and they kept delaying. The house is under construction with a temp meter under the builder's name.
They rejected because I signed the application instead of the builder. We resigned and resubmitted. This set us back 2 months.
Then when I asked my Tesla's interconnection contact for update, it appears that CP will wait until we have a permanent meter before we can resubmit the application.
After much begging and reasoning, CP agrees to let us move forward to installation and we will resubmit an updated application with the permanent meter info, etc.

We are scheduled for solar roof installation in Nov. I think if I don't jump into action to push and pull strings, my application will just sit there.

I suggest that you contact your project advisor or call Tesla weekly for an update. If you don't make noise, nobody will do anything.

I started the CenterPoint application at the end of May and they kept delaying. The house is under construction with a temp meter under the builder's name.
They rejected because I signed the application instead of the builder. We resigned and resubmitted. This set us back 2 months.
Then when I asked my Tesla's interconnection contact for update, it appears that CP will wait until we have a permanent meter before we can resubmit the application.
After much begging and reasoning, CP agrees to let us move forward to installation and we will resubmit an updated application with the permanent meter info, etc.

We are scheduled for solar roof installation in Nov. I think if I don't jump into action to push and pull strings, my application will just sit there.

I suggest that you contact your project advisor or call Tesla weekly for an update. If you don't make noise, nobody will do anything.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. I was trying to decide. If I should invest more money into Tesla while I wait for install. If you are getting a November install date. I’m sure I won’t get a install date this year. Maybe by December. Still gives me a lot of time to hold on to Cash.

You are correct I message Tesla Solar every week. They may get up set. I don’t care. I’m a paying and loyal customer at the moment. If I sign a contract. I expect a product in a timely fashion. I was told months ago. I Wally’s have install before summer was over. Now “Winter is Coming “ and I don’t have a install date.