Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking summer time will be a higher demand time for sell back. So the price will go up per kWh to sell. I’m thinking I will sell 80% of what I produce. I’m not at home all day M-F. Until the sun goes down. Then I would charge my Tesla after 7pm. I do believe Tesla will make changes to the Plan overtime. To get more people to sign up. Tesla is an energy company First. A car manufacturer second. The cars will make the profits. Until Tesla can get major profits for Energy. It will take a while but honestly. If I can have a Credit or only pay a couple of hundred dollars for the year. For electricity. I look at it as a win. If I’m paying $100 per month on average. I will shut it down and switch plans. 😂

Sorry for the long text. I’m at work and they are expecting me to work on things. 😂
Damn work expecting things to be worked on… I told my boss that with the current market conditions and inflation that they should expect less for more this year. It didn’t go over well.

Agreed with everything you said. Big difference is I’m expecting to sell 0-5% of my production and still needing the grid to cover my usage. I wish my roof would have fit the 19.2 kw system I originally ordered 😂 then I bet Tesla Electric would have been great for me lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Damn work expecting things to be worked on… I told my boss that with the current market conditions and inflation that they should expect less for more this year. It didn’t go over well.

Agreed with everything you said. Big difference is I’m expecting to sell 0-5% of my production and still needing the grid to cover my usage. I wish my roof would have fit the 19.2 kw system I originally ordered 😂 then I bet Tesla Electric would have been great for me lol.
Let’s put some panels in our back yard on the ground. DIY. I’ve been watching YouTube videos. 😆 We can add 8-10kw’s. JK. If Tesla can come out with Multiple Plans. That would be great. I will keep messaging them. Sending emails. Letting them know. They should have at least 3 different plans. With rates that very or even a free period. They should have an EV plan for charging.

Reactions: DrewHou
I’m thinking summer time will be a higher demand time for sell back. So the price will go up per kWh to sell. I’m thinking I will sell 80% of what I produce. I’m not at home all day M-F. Until the sun goes down. Then I would charge my Tesla after 7pm. I do believe Tesla will make changes to the Plan overtime. To get more people to sign up. Tesla is an energy company First. A car manufacturer second. The cars will make the profits. Until Tesla can get major profits for Energy. It will take a while but honestly. If I can have a Credit or only pay a couple of hundred dollars for the year. For electricity. I look at it as a win. If I’m paying $100 per month on average. I will shut it down and switch plans. 😂

Sorry for the long text. I’m at work and they are expecting me to work on things. 😂
Tesla needs to retrofit V2G (or at least allow you to pay to do it) and integrate the vehicle battery into their home energy solutions. Then once those Sell Back prices spike when your Tesla is connected to the home we make some serious money hehe. One can dream!

Thanks to the warm weather my AC has actually been kicking on and I've been able to see it pulls only 2 kWh. Seems like I'll be covered to run the AC all day long in Summer with the small system I have :D So far in my home, the only thing that exceeds PW+Solar capacity is the EV.

• Love
Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Here’s the rest of my statement.
I’m just looking at it now. Things have slowed down.
1674078180597.png

Like today. I may produce 15-18kwh’s. I will only charge my Tesla to 50-60 percent. Thursday will be a sunny day. So I will wash until tomorrow evening to charge up to 70% again. I would love V2G. With the Tesla Gateway, inverter, and maybe a New type of bidirectional wall connector. They should be able to do it. I would gladly pay 💰. A small fee for install. 😆

Let’s put some panels in our back yard on the ground. DIY. I’ve been watching YouTube videos. 😆 We can add 8-10kw’s. JK. If Tesla can come out with Multiple Plans. That would be great. I will keep messaging them. Sending emails. Letting them know. They should have at least 3 different plans. With rates that very or even a free period. They should have an EV plan for charging.
I seriously was just debating what if I put a roof over the rest of my back yard covered in panels. Then I would have a massive outdoor space I could screen in. 🤣

• Funny
I seriously was just debating what if I put a roof over the rest of my back yard covered in panels. Then I would have a massive outdoor space I could screen in. 🤣
You would have to install the panels yourself. I have a coworker. His non Tesla installer. Didn’t want to put the panels on his. I don’t know why. Some code. He said I believe. But at first they told him yes. They could. 😆

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
Tesla needs to retrofit V2G (or at least allow you to pay to do it) and integrate the vehicle battery into their home energy solutions. Then once those Sell Back prices spike when your Tesla is connected to the home we make some serious money hehe. One can dream!

Thanks to the warm weather my AC has actually been kicking on and I've been able to see it pulls only 2 kWh. Seems like I'll be covered to run the AC all day long in Summer with the small system I have :D So far in my home, the only thing that exceeds PW+Solar capacity is the EV.
I would love just having the Tesla work as a Powerwall even if pushing back to the grid was disallowed from the car.

Getting solar made me learn so much about AC units too. So I have a 5 ton 18 seer rated AC and with the blower I use 3.5kwh to run AC. I should be fine but there’s a lot of cloudy days that are still crazy hot in Houston haha.

Like today. I may produce 15-18kwh’s. I will only charge my Tesla to 50-60 percent. Thursday will be a sunny day. So I will wash until tomorrow evening to charge up to 70% again. I would love V2G. With the Tesla Gateway, inverter, and maybe a New type of bidirectional wall connector. They should be able to do it. I would gladly pay 💰. A small fee for install. 😆
During my install one of the installers said something to me about my wiring placement in the garage would make it easier when eventually V2G comes. I don’t think the installers know anything about product roadmaps but thought it was interesting they mentioned it.

Has anyone turned in a router or mesh system in to Best Buy? My plan is to take the Orbi mesh router. Factory reset it. I’m. Doing that now. Then bring it to Best Buy for a 15 percent discount on another router. I plan to buy another set of Deco XE75 Pro. I’m going to get the 2 pack. If it’s available or something close. Then add it to my current TP Deco mesh. I’m think for another $200 I can expand my Wi-Fi to about a Block away. 😂

1674105652982.png

Last edited:
Has anyone turned in a router or mesh system in to Best Buy? My plan is to take the Orbi mesh router. Factory reset it. I’m. Doing that now. Then bring it to Best Buy for a 15 percent discount on another router. I plan to buy another set of Deco XE75 Pro. I’m going to get the 2 pack. If it’s available or something close. Then add it to my current TP Deco mesh. I’m think for another $200 I can expand my Wi-Fi to about a Block away. 😂

View attachment 897375
Never done the turn in thing but make sure you actually need more. I found that if I go over three things get worse because devices want to constantly jump between the different nodes and if you are not hardwiring them you can also see a performance decrease due to additional nodes. Find your sweet spot for coverage, mine was 3 hardwired.

Never done the turn in thing but make sure you actually need more. I found that if I go over three things get worse because devices want to constantly jump between the different nodes and if you are not hardwiring them you can also see a performance decrease due to additional nodes. Find your sweet spot for coverage, mine was 3 hardwired.
Ok. I had that problem at my last house. I had my Orbi satellites too close. I had to spread them out. It would get stuck on one satellite as I moved away to another part of home. Yeah I think I’m just gonna hold on to it. Then trade it in later. BBY does the trade in all the time.

Me too. I’m at work. My wife see it in her phone at home. I can see it in the Powerwall manager app. Not in Tesla app.
Cool so another server issue. Probably happen all the time and only obsessed people like us catch it haha. Yeah my PW app on the phone isn’t working either. Oh well things are working fine the ChargeHQ app still working and Span shows solar and pw are working.

• Funny