Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on Enphase and think it's a good competitor and probably biased, but a better option for me. LFP, working generator support, planned v2h, cost wasn't anymore than Tesla if you went with a 3rd party installer. One benefit is Powerwall ties into a Tesla EV better though.

I've always felt Tesla solar, if anything was nothing special.
Glad to hear. Hopefully Enphase can crank them out enough to make Tesla lower the PW price. 😆

I went the cheaper route on the router. TP link. Amazon had a $40 off. 6E. It’s says up to 200 devices.
No 10G Ethernet port. But I only have Fiber 1gig speed now. I’ll send back if it’s not better than my current Orbi. My current Orbi is 20 + devices and it’s 5 years old at least.

TP-Link Deco AXE5400 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System(Deco XE75) - Covers up to 7200 Sq.Ft, Replaces WiFi Router and Extender, AI-Driven Mesh, New 6GHz Band, 3-Pack https://a.co/d/fTidmcI
I just realized I purchased the wrong one. I was trying to buy the Pro model. 😆

I have to return it.

Limited-time deal: TP-Link Deco AXE5400 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System(Deco XE75 Pro) - 2.5G WAN/LAN Port, Covers up to 7200 Sq.Ft, Replaces WiFi Router and Extender, AI-Driven Mesh, New 6GHz Band, 3-Pack https://a.co/d/fEJNDCa

PW is still stepping in and charging the Tesla during off-peak. Thought I’d have enough to last the day with low sunlight but not so. Discharged all the way to 10% today and almost 0 Solar being generated boo. Still don’t have an EV setting in the app but maybe it’s because the system isn’t inspected/bought yet lol Next few days seem like they’ll be terrible for solar production here.

1EC9B354-4893-4346-A829-63B35231826F.jpeg

PW is still stepping in and charging the Tesla during off-peak. Thought I’d have enough to last the day with low sunlight but not so. Discharged all the way to 10% today and almost 0 Solar being generated boo. Still don’t have an EV setting in the app but maybe it’s because the system isn’t inspected/bought yet lol Next few days seem like they’ll be terrible for solar production here.

View attachment 896502
After PTO you might still have to request for the EV setting. I don’t have it. I did have to request to charge from Grid. I finally got that option a week after PTO. I actually forgot about the feature or option to divide PW for EV charging.

After PTO you might still have to request for the EV setting. I don’t have it. I did have to request to charge from Grid. I finally got that option a week after PTO. I actually forgot about the feature or option to divide PW for EV charging.
I got charge from grid from the get go. Maybe because it’s a 2023 install and the IRA now allows for batteries to receive the credit.

Reactions: Jones1
I got charge from grid from the get go. Maybe because it’s a 2023 install and the IRA now allows for batteries to receive the credit.
I guess I never cared much. Since I only have the one PW. I would probably only want to pull 3kWh -5kWhs from it. If I had 4 PW’s. Then I see how it would be beneficial to me. To get around 15-20kWh. I really want Bidirectional with the CyberTruck. 😆

I guess I never cared much. Since I only have the one PW. I would probably only want to pull 3kWh -5kWhs from it. If I had 4 PW’s. Then I see how it would be beneficial to me. To get around 15-20kWh. I really want Bidirectional with the CyberTruck. 😆
I didn’t either and had it off, except this issue with it discharging during off-peak made me think that if it’s enabled maybe it won’t discharge. Gonna try it tonight to see how it goes. This whole week is gonna be poor for solar.

I didn’t either and had it off, except this issue with it discharging during off-peak made me think that if it’s enabled maybe it won’t discharge. Gonna try it tonight to see how it goes. This whole week is gonna be poor for solar.
Yes. I was just looking at the forecast. Planning my evening charging out for the week (Weatherman). I think I will add 10kwh tonight and tomorrow. Then add about 25kwh on Thursday night. I like to charge to a higher percentage on days I produce more. 🤷🏾‍♂️

This time around Grid Charging only got the PW up to 75% (last time it topped it out at 100%). I'm thinking the PW is trying to be smart and keep the battery healthy. Sadly it still discharged in the morning to the Tesla and left me with 45% SoC on a very cloudy day. It seems to happen consistently at 6 am regardless of PW charge level. I would think it's because the PW has the wrong time but the end of the Peak Period is always on the dot. This has me thinking I could change the Peak Period to one hour later in the morning and see what happens (or have the car charge earlier).

This time around Grid Charging only got the PW up to 75% (last time it topped it out at 100%). I'm thinking the PW is trying to be smart and keep the battery healthy. Sadly it still discharged in the morning to the Tesla and left me with 45% SoC on a very cloudy day. It seems to happen consistently at 6 am regardless of PW charge level. I would think it's because the PW has the wrong time but the end of the Peak Period is always on the dot. This has me thinking I could change the Peak Period to one hour later in the morning and see what happens (or have the car charge earlier).
Yes. You will have to play with it. To get the best deal out of it. I’m on the Tesla Electric plan. Which would usually start discharging around 12am-2am. So I moved my Vehicle charging to 11:45pm. Set it on a lower amp setting. So it will pull less than 5kwh. I had it pulling about 1-2kwh. It worked great for two days. Then the PW started to discharge around 3am-4am. I guess it was looking for the least used time of day. To self power. So I said F It. Moved my Vehicle charging time back to 7:15pm. Around the time I would be home and after peak. Now I plan to charge to a level of what I pull in for the day. If I pull in extra kWh’s that my home doesn’t use. I charge up at a higher rate. It’s fun to play around with it. But nerds like us. Need more options. 😆

Just finished setting up the TP link XE75 Pro. Took 15 minutes. But my my my. I had problems with my Ecobee and home kit. One Ecobee. I had to reset. Then add it to home kit. I have some smart plugs. Called Wemo. One of them was having issues. Then MyQ Garage door. Had to be reconnected. I always used the Same Network and Password. Anytime I change a router or modem. I always have a few that are stubborn. But I must admit. I like the TP Deco so far. If you have more smart devices than your router is rated for. Definitely upgrade your router. 😂. Siri, Google and Alexa are working without lag now. HomeKit is Super fast. 😂