Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My display was the same with gateway on the same version but now it shows a section with solar inverter underneath. Maybe this is the new app version
Yep mine too. inverters being added and code changes in the app, along with powerwall updates (granted rolled those back) Maybe we are in store for some nice improvements coming soon. I wish the solar side of Tesla had the equivalent of a “holiday update” 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
The Charge Stats section and Tesla Electric Plan charging rates are terrible. I had to create a utility plan for Charge Stats. Instead of using the default Tesla Electric plan. Which worked great the first few weeks. Then it started to show me charging during peak. Tesla said it’s a software issue. With Tesla Electric. So I set up a .11 buy price. No Sell price. Named it Tesla electric. Hopefully they can fix that and give us Charge HQ level customization or options.

1678987492831.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DrewHou
Has anyone received their referral award?

I referred myself in app. Originally Tesla told me that it would be sent 30-60 days after PTO. That passed and was then sent an email response stating that was wrong and that it was actually supposed to be 90-120 days after PTO. So now it’s been 128 days since I had PTO and I reached out again and now they have changed it again and said that I must wait at least one year after PTO to receive award. Nothing about this seems correct.

I referred myself in app. Originally Tesla told me that it would be sent 30-60 days after PTO. That passed and was then sent an email response stating that was wrong and that it was actually supposed to be 90-120 days after PTO. So now it’s been 128 days since I had PTO and I reached out again and now they have changed it again and said that I must wait at least one year after PTO to receive award. Nothing about this seems correct.
There was a referral award?

I got it in the form of a mailed check about 6 months after PTO.

How much is the check? That is a long time, I have to be more patient.

I think it depends on what referral award was in place at your order time. For me it was an instant $100 discount as the referee and then, on the other side, a $400 rebate check as the referrer. In my case I played both roles since I referred myself. I ordered circa August 2021 (I think).

Reactions: DTXMME and DrewHou
I think it depends on what referral award was in place at your order time. For me it was an instant $100 discount as the referee and then, on the other side, a $400 rebate check as the referrer. In my case I played both roles since I referred myself. I ordered circa August 2021 (I think).
Ordered in July 2021, just got my system installed. Need to follow up on my referral award. I didn't get either one of those, it just says $100 for my referral code.

The Charge Stats section and Tesla Electric Plan charging rates are terrible. I had to create a utility plan for Charge Stats. Instead of using the default Tesla Electric plan. Which worked great the first few weeks. Then it started to show me charging during peak. Tesla said it’s a software issue. With Tesla Electric. So I set up a .11 buy price. No Sell price. Named it Tesla electric. Hopefully they can fix that and give us Charge HQ level customization or options.

View attachment 918210
Repeating again: We need Charge HQ type app for powerwall.

• Love
Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
PTO feels really close finally, got an updated bill with my name spelled correctly and just sent it over to Centerpoint. Their system still showed the misspelled name but the bill should clear it up. Crossing my fingers that they send the interconnect agreement this week.

1679407092285.png

Not bad either way, at best with the 3c buyback I might get it to 0 but not much less.

PTO feels really close finally, got an updated bill with my name spelled correctly and just sent it over to Centerpoint. Their system still showed the misspelled name but the bill should clear it up. Crossing my fingers that they send the interconnect agreement this week.

View attachment 919826

Not bad either way, at best with the 3c buyback I might get it to 0 but not much less.
What provider and plan do you have?

I didn’t understand these Market Securitization Debt charges in some of the plans I looked at so I passed because I assumed it meant I would be paying a lot. However, looking at this maybe I misjudged that part.

Also good luck on the PTO! Hope you get it soon!

Reactions: Jones1
What provider and plan do you have?

I didn’t understand these Market Securitization Debt charges in some of the plans I looked at so I passed because I assumed it meant I would be paying a lot. However, looking at this maybe I misjudged that part.

Also good luck on the PTO! Hope you get it soon!

Amigo Energy Nights Free, honestly don't recall noticing what it said about those Market Securitization Debt charges when I signed up hehe. They do let you switch out to another of their plans if you don't like Nights Free as long as you stay with them.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
View attachment 920043
New Tesla EFL for DFW but I think free nights is still cheaper. I also was scared about the market securitization charges but thankfully they seem to be minimal.
That's a really good off-peak rate! Haven't seen that since 2008. It still all depends on how much you can make during the summer months to see if it's worth it vs Nights Free. My effective rate for me was 1c according to my bill.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Amigo Energy Nights Free, honestly don't recall noticing what it said about those Market Securitization Debt charges when I signed up hehe. They do let you switch out to another of their plans if you don't like Nights Free as long as you stay with them.
I am going to check it out. I don’t really need to change again. However, as I think I have said before on here. I really am worried that when my reliant 12 months are up there won’t be a truly free nights plan available anymore and then I will be paying more than I did before solar. Plus I like the idea of getting a little something back when I rarely export back to the grid since reliant doesn’t allow that on their free night plans.

I need to do the math for myself. Thanks for the info. I may give Amigo a call and see how long of a lock in I can get since their site only shows 12 months.