Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I see this, yes, they are good with your consumption data where you pay but not very good with your energy generation data where you get credits.
And when they start to see you use large amount of energy during free night, suddenly, your meter has issue and no longer compatible with their free night plan :)
Just did a double check on generation too and it matches, both report 276 kWh's. I think they're not worried about us smallfry 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Just did a double check on generation too and it matches, both report 276 kWh's. I think they're not worried about us smallfry 🤣
Maybe I'm a big fish?
My first bill with them, I used 3300 KW where 80Kwh is during daytime and generated 1600 KWH solar credit but they only credited me 40Kwh.
Second bill, used 4600 Kwh and only 60 kwh during daytime and generated 1900 Kwh but they credit me only 40Kwh.
Disputed, disputed, investigated, got CenterPoint involved. Once they credited me the correct generation, my bills becomes a $300 credit.
The third bill never came. Then it came together with the 4th bills where the bills are $600, $900 because they switched me to variable, saying, oh no, something wrong with your meter, it's no longer working with our night free plan.
Turn out they are BS because when it switched to GME, my meter magically working with another free plan again.
This is just a repeat of my experience that I want to share with everyone using Amigo/Just Energy. If you are lucky and got no billing issue, enjoy the ride. Their plan is hard to beat.

Now, back to regular programming today of watching the SoC on the app and see if we can last until 8pm.

Glad to hear i am not the only one seeing these messy billing issues. We all use smart meter these days so we can track our data up to 15min intervals. And for them to have the guts to tell us that our billing is correct when the data from Smart Meter Texas says otherwise. When you complain, they blame CenterPoint.
When you think about it, they are the only ones that buyback with free nights. How do they make money when everyone else is only offering free nights. All of these companies are resellers, they just pass through the connection and don't generate any energy themselves. Essentially, they are just billing companies. And how billing companies make money? By shady billing practices.
I have never ran into a company that have such a questionable billing practice from day 1. One one hand, I'm sad that I an unable to sell back to get credit. On the other hand, I'm relieved that I no longer have to stress every month because they mess up the bill every month.
Yeah this whole chose your provider but they only do billing was something new to me when I moved to Texas. I had never even heard of plans for electricity. I lived in Kentucky and Indiana before moving here and the option was electricity or no electricity. No plans no companies to choose from.

I guess this is better because there is a free nights option but you can also really screw yourself here if you don’t know anything about what a kw is or a kwh. Also not understanding your own usage can lead to someone paying a lot more than needed all because they are on the wrong plan.

Reactions: Jones1
Sippin. PW life
1706147093602.png

Using ‎Netzero for Tesla
That @DrewHou posted in the thread last year. Great app. I can use it on my cheap Android Tablet. In Slpit Screen. Or side by side. With the Ring Doorbell app. I love all the detail you get. Why also providing a simple way to comprehend for my wife and kids.

View attachment 1012978
I really love that app and it keeps getting better with each update. I really wish I could pull this up on my Echo show devices. I am really confused none of these smart hub display makers haven’t worked to add solar metrics. If someone came out with something like the echo show 15 but with doorbell, cameras, solar, and span access I would buy 5 immediately. As someone that has hundreds of smart home devices the space is still really crappy. I’m really big into smart home tech that blends in. Maybe someday things will catch on and someone will build the device of my dreams haha.

Reactions: Jones1
I really love that app and it keeps getting better with each update. I really wish I could pull this up on my Echo show devices. I am really confused none of these smart hub display makers haven’t worked to add solar metrics. If someone came out with something like the echo show 15 but with doorbell, cameras, solar, and span access I would buy 5 immediately. As someone that has hundreds of smart home devices the space is still really crappy. I’m really big into smart home tech that blends in. Maybe someday things will catch on and someone will build the device of my dreams haha.
I was looking at the larger Echo show and the Pixel Tablet with speaker dock. I decided not to spend that much money. I remember how I hated the Amazon Fire tablet my kid had. I have a smaller echo show. I had to turn off all the Bezos Ads. 😆
I purchased this
TECLAST Tablet 10.5 inch Android... Amazon.com

It does side by side. But I did notice today. That the size of the Tesla app. Changes to where you can’t see the details at the bottom of the app. Due to the ratio of the app layout. I wish I could change the window ratio like my pixel fold. It’s on Android 14 beta. This tablet is on 13.
That’s when I added the Netzero app on the tablet. It’s perfect now.

Reactions: DrewHou
I was looking at the larger Echo show and the Pixel Tablet with speaker dock. I decided not to spend that much money. I remember how I hated the Amazon Fire tablet my kid had.
I purchased this
TECLAST Tablet 10.5 inch Android... Amazon.com

It does side by side. But I did notice today. That the size of the Tesla app. Changes to where you can’t see the details at the bottom of the app. Due to the ratio of the app layout. I wish I could change the window ratio like my pixel fold. It’s on Android 14 beta. This tablet is on 13.
Yeah I have went full on no Google products or services (except YouTube) so I was looking at a mount for an iPad that had a nice frame to make it looo built in to the house but then I am locking up my iPad and that seems stupid so I gave up until someone either makes something dedicated or just live with Alexa only being able to tell me about my solar and Powerwall (Span panel Alexa skill) but can’t show me. I am hoping more companies start taking advantage of the Tesla API really interested to see how good the SmartThings integration is when it lands. I would love to be able to be able to see my solar Powerwall and car all on the fridge. Haha

Using ‎Netzero for Tesla
That @DrewHou posted in the thread last year. Great app. I can use it on my cheap Android Tablet. In Slpit Screen. Or side by side. With the Ring Doorbell app. I love all the detail you get. Why also providing a simple way to comprehend for my wife and kids.

Nice setup! But I clearly need to improve the UI layout on small displays with (I assume) large fonts.

I really love that app and it keeps getting better with each update. I really wish I could pull this up on my Echo show devices.

I recently added a web version of the app, which you might be able to run on Echo Show's web browser. Give it a try and let me know if you run into problems. My favorite way of running the web app is in the Tesla car :)

netzero-tesla.jpg

Nice setup! But I clearly need to improve the UI layout on small displays with (I assume) large fonts.

I recently added a web version of the app, which you might be able to run on Echo Show's web browser. Give it a try and let me know if you run into problems. My favorite way of running the web app is in the Tesla car :)

View attachment 1013014
Nice to meet you and Welcome to the thread.

This works great! If only the browser stayed open instead of timing out to go back to the home screen after 20 mins it would be complete perfection. Seems like the browser auto closes if it’s not video. This must be the best implementation I’ve seen for getting data on an Alexa display.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8