Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owning a Tesla vehicle. What is your average annual credit or bill? For Tesla Electric?
Because I'm retired, I have the advantage of charging my car in the afternoon on solar, so that helps with my bills. So, after a little over a year on Tesla Energy, my bills were $150 in the winter months (Jan and Feb) because my pool runs 24/7 when it is cold, $30 in March, <$5 until June, -$250 total for July to September, and $100 for the fall months. This winter has been similar, $150/month, but March bill should be very low because of warm weather since I don't need to run my pool at night.

I'm putting in a couple of more PWs because I want more hours of backup and I could sell more power if I had more stored in PWs during the summer months. I'm still not sure what caused the $1.00 per kWh today.

Reactions: Skavatar and Jones1
Because I'm retired, I have the advantage of charging my car in the afternoon on solar, so that helps with my bills. So, after a little over a year on Tesla Energy, my bills were $150 in the winter months (Jan and Feb) because my pool runs 24/7 when it is cold, $30 in March, <$5 until June, -$250 total for July to September, and $100 for the fall months. This winter has been similar, $150/month, but March bill should be very low because of warm weather since I don't need to run my pool at night.

I'm putting in a couple of more PWs because I want more hours of backup and I could sell more power if I had more stored in PWs during the summer months. I'm still not sure what caused the $1.00 per kWh today.
Thanks for Sharing. Great details.

For that that switched to free nights: when you setup time based control in the App, was there actually some sort of lag before it started behaving as you expected? There's a note in user guide that suggest that it might not work as expected for a period of time. thx

For that that switched to free nights: when you setup time based control in the App, was there actually some sort of lag before it started behaving as you expected? There's a note in user guide that suggest that it might not work as expected for a period of time. thx
Yep after changing it manually for a couple of nights it tends to learn. Seems to be a common experience but I don’t know why it’s this way.

Reactions: Jones1
A friend said that he cant find free night plans from greenmountain energy anymore so i looked and couldn’t find the plans.
Did they stop offering it?
Looks like they renamed the plans. Only did a Quick Look. Not sure.

1709819231786.png

How long is the warranty on install? I think this piece fell off. It’s been more than a year since install.
Good question. Also how high is that part of the roof? 1st story or 2nd story house? Looks like it pops right on. Mine have not fell off yet. I would probably get a ladder and pop it back on.

Reactions: DrewHou
Quick question for everyone that is on free nights and not using any grid power during peak.

When you go to impact under time of use are you seeing grid usage listed there even when you have not used the grid during peak?

Tesla has been telling me since June of last year that it’s a known bug and everyone is experiencing the same thing but they have not made any progress in fixing it. I want to verify that is accurate and they are not just saying that to brush it off. Below is what mine looks like even though no grid was used.
IMG_0733.jpeg

Quick question for everyone that is on free nights and not using any grid power during peak.

When you go to impact under time of use are you seeing grid usage listed there even when you have not used the grid during peak?

Tesla has been telling me since June of last year that it’s a known bug and everyone is experiencing the same thing but they have not made any progress in fixing it. I want to verify that is accurate and they are not just saying that to brush it off. Below is what mine looks like even though no grid was used. View attachment 1028080

1710476953230.png

Reactions: DrewHou
It rained at my house. My wife said. Never went into storm watch mode. It’s a hit or miss with me too.
I’ve disabled storm watch and set reserve to 0%. For these types of thunderstorms that blow by we usually have short outages, and it won’t charge fast enough from the alert going on to make a difference. Not much to fear inside the loop vs our suburbanite buddies.

Reactions: Jones1