Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Panel Snow Guard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today in Tucson, AZ...snow didn't melt until about 11am.
dji_fly_20230302_081858_12_1677770400338_photo_optimized.jpeg

I am being quoted $8000 to get snow guards installed by the Tesla subcontractor who installed the system a couple years back.

Was a cheaper solution discovered for getting snow guards installed?
Mine were installed for free by Tesla.
Probably because they were not yet available when my panels were first installed in 2019.
As I recall, 8000 is more than what Tesla would charge to completely remove and reinstall the panels to allow a roof or shingle replacement. This is completely out of line for adding the snow guard clips.

I am told that the array has to be removed and reinstalled for the snow guards to go on, which is why its so expensive. It's not possible to clip them on without dismantling because the design packs the panels so close together.

So Tesla was not helpful at all. However I have found a supply of the Tesla snow guards off Ebay. Trying to figure out how they would be installed on the panel so I can hire someone to do the work. If anyone has a picture or instructions on how to clip them on, would be much appreciated.