Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla special Cybertruck aftermarket group to create 48V products

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A conflicting update on the aux 48v connections. Sportsline claims Tesla told them these are each 400W connections, not 2.5kW as listed on Tesla's website specifications. Looking at the wire sizing, 400W seems far more likely. Still, that's a lot more power than the old 12v 150W power plug in the cabin. It's not enough to run a winch, as they typically require ~1.5 kW. Seems like a rear winch would be a better solution, running off the 240VAC connector.

A conflicting update on the aux 48v connections. Sportsline claims Tesla told them these are each 400W connections, not 2.5kW as listed on Tesla's website specifications. Looking at the wire sizing, 400W seems far more likely. Still, that's a lot more power than the old 12v 150W power plug in the cabin. It's not enough to run a winch, as they typically require ~1.5 kW. Seems like a rear winch would be a better solution, running off the 240VAC connector.
Where is 2.5kW calked out? I think that is 20 Amps on the 120V outlets (maybe plus the USB-Cs...)

Where is 2.5kW calked out? I think that is 20 Amps on the 120V outlets (maybe plus the USB-Cs...)
Looks like Tesla pulled the specs entirely. Can't find the Aux specs now, nor can I find the specs for the 120 VAC and 240 VAC anymore (which were all listed on the same table of specifications). USB-C is rated at 65W (still on the CT specs).

Reactions: mongo