Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla stand alone inverter string status API access?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla inverter installer mode for standalone inverter only seem to be available for 1 hour after start-up via the inverter wifi ssid. Anyway to monitor string voltage and amp via API call or any other method?

The PW+ Inverter/Gateway seem to work fine forever in installer mode, but the standalone seem to timeout after 1 hour.

Has anyone gotten past the Tesla part number/serial number screen on their local network? My browser shows a little graphic and part number/serial but then it just spins. Port 443 refuses connection. It clearly is active on the network and appears to be sending and receiving data (presumably to the mothership). I haven't had the time to dig at it more.

I have successfully talked to the inverter via the network created by inverter.

Has anyone gotten past the Tesla part number/serial number screen on their local network? My browser shows a little graphic and part number/serial but then it just spins. Port 443 refuses connection. It clearly is active on the network and appears to be sending and receiving data (presumably to the mothership). I haven't had the time to dig at it more.

I have successfully talked to the inverter via the network created by inverter.
No, even trying on the local network during the 15 min start up period where the installer mode is available on the inverter ssid still can't access on the lan

The Tesla inverter installer mode for standalone inverter only seem to be available for 1 hour after start-up via the inverter wifi ssid. Anyway to monitor string voltage and amp via API call or any other method?

The PW+ Inverter/Gateway seem to work fine forever in installer mode, but the standalone seem to timeout after 1 hour.

Not sure if this is new, but I'm able to monitor string data using the `/api/devices/vitals` API on the gateway, as described here: