Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How? And remember Toronto is the closest dealership to me and there is no way people will travel that far to see a car. Plus there are people in the country further from a dealership then me.

I won't say there is "No way". I traveled to Colorado (from Salt Lake City) to test drive the Roadster a while ago. I'm currently in California and drove an hour "out of the way" to see the Model S (Beta) they've got on display at the Fashion Island store in Newport Beach.

I actually noticed that on twitter after posting. I've sent an email to my sales rep; hopefully she'll be able to reserve a test drive via email. If I don't need to be a US citizen or anything, of course. I'd probably be among the first ten or so Norwegians to test drive. Maybe the first? :cool:

I also asked if she knew if the Model X would be possible to see somewhere, so maybe I won't need intel, after all. (I can hope, at least.)

A big Tesla Model S outline has recently appeared on the construction walls at the University Towne Center mall in La Jolla (San Diego). I think I reported that I'd been told it was going to be there some months ago, and not in Fashion Valley mall. This seems to be confirmation. This is a much better location for it.

Awesome news ggr. UTC is about 1/2 the distance for me compared to Fashion Valley, and I agree, it's a much better, more central location for San Diegans. Should be interesting to see where they put a service center. I'm guessing somewhere on Miramar Road since it's close to UTC and is already a hub for repair facilities.

Can some snap a pic of the store in it's "before" state?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm visiting San Francisco and possibly Los Angeles in about three weeks, which leads me to the question - what store should I visit? Menlo Park?
Do they have mostly the same stuff?

The X travels around. Could be inn LA, OC or SF. Or none. Call the stores as they usually know when they get it in advance.

I'm visiting San Francisco and possibly Los Angeles in about three weeks, which leads me to the question - what store should I visit? Menlo Park?

Do they have mostly the same stuff?

May be worth visiting both Santana Row and Menlo Park. They have pretty much the same interactive displays, skateboard and beta cars but...

- SR's more "happening" with a lot of folks around, on weekends in particular. Of course, Santana Row has lots of shopping and dining options too. You may even see a new reservation holder being given a "giant check"!

- MP's more roomy, laid back and quieter. It has a 'museum' of sorts including Roadster mules, the Model S Alpha with its entrails and such.

The test drive route from SR apparently is better with Interstate 280 thrown into the mix. The MP test drive sticks to city streets including the busy El Camino Real so, may not be as much fun.