Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swung through the alley behind the store today. It looks like I was right about the test drive vehicles being parked in a nearby public parking lot. They had 3-4 spaces coned off, and they had what looked to be bases for chargers of some kind. No wiring hooked up yet, which seems odd given the store opening in 4 days. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow morning on the way in to work and post them here. This parking lot would be an awfully nice place to put several fast chargers, even for shoppers just visiting Old Town. Wouldn't surprise me if Tesla did put in a Supercharger location here.

Here is the area: The Tesla Store is the "A". The parking lot is to the left of the "Paper Source" store. The spaces being turned into chargers are the ones in the upper right hand corner. View is looking East. When you exit that lot the lower street is Pasadena Av, which will get you very quickly onto the 210 W freeway.

Tesla Parking.jpg

RT

I swung through the alley behind the store today. It looks like I was right about the test drive vehicles being parked in a nearby public parking lot. They had 3-4 spaces coned off, and they had what looked to be bases for chargers of some kind. No wiring hooked up yet, which seems odd given the store opening in 4 days. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow morning on the way in to work and post them here. This parking lot would be an awfully nice place to put several fast chargers, even for shoppers just visiting Old Town. Wouldn't surprise me if Tesla did put in a Supercharger location here.

Here is the area: The Tesla Store is the "A". The parking lot is to the left of the "Paper Source" store. The spaces being turned into chargers are the ones in the upper right hand corner. View is looking East. When you exit that lot the lower street is Pasadena Av, which will get you very quickly onto the 210 W freeway.

View attachment 57489

RT

Thanks for the info! Looks like the parking lot is fairly close to the store so that should help with test drives.

I'd imagine the Pasadena store to be quite busy.

Well, didn't take them long to install the first charger in the parking lot. The pictures should be self explanatory. The alley is the way from the store to the test drive vehicles. The door shown last is the back entrance. Looks like there will be two HPWC's for the test drive vehicles. The sign in the front window just says the grand opening is 8-29-14. Kind of interesting that the spaces are so wide for just two cars. Maybe to give them plenty of room for letting customers go around the cars while the other one is pulling in/out and doing the same inspections. There is a white Model S in the background.

DSCN0904_30.jpg

DSCN0905_30.jpg

DSCN0906_30.jpg

DSCN0907_30.jpg

DSCN0908_30.jpg

DSCN0909_30.jpg

DSCN0910_30.jpg

DSCN0911_30.jpg

somebody have any information when Tesla will open a Tesla shop and service center in Portugal ?
I do second this question since I am also very very interested in the Model S (actually even more interested in the Model X, cost permits) but with no local support the courage to buy Tesla has to be enormous, I know at least 3 Model s owners in Portugal that had their cars towed, either to Tilburg or to Aix-en-Provence for service... Quite a ride.
So, back to basics, rdias' question: any info on a Tesla store / service center to be opened in Portugal? How about Spain? Any info is welcomed.

Tesla Shenzhen China

I'm in China on business and thought I would stop by the Tesla showroom.
The showroom is nice and they did their homework when developing it.
The location isn't prime but it's good, located in an auto type mall with most of the
other major import brands. It was Sunday afternoon and they were busy. It looked like
there were at least a couple of serious deals in the works and I got the impression they
had sold about fifty cars for the Month.

A few things I learned that some of you may already know.
Back seats in the model S aren't allowed, dual chargers aren't allowed because they apparently
aren't considered safe, delivery time is three months, price for a model S is about 900,000 rmb ($145,000),
price isn't the biggest factor as most imports are pricey, the major challenge is charging because everyone
lives in highrise apartments. If you are a factory or building owner it's not a big deal but for everyone else buying a parking space or garage is out of the question. For now, it's probably not a major issue but to get to the masses Tesla will have to address the charging issue.

All in all I would say they were are on the right track. One area they are missing in sales and brand awareness is their clothing (Elon are you listening) There needs to be a much larger selection of clothing and accessories similiar to what Harley Davidson has done. The Chinese are all about show and anyone that spends $150K on a car wants their friends to know it not only when they are driving but in the office too. Every showroom needs a Tshirt with the location on it such as the HardRock brand has done (Tesla Shenzhen, Tesla Frankfurt, etc).

China is a huge market and the timing is right but its going to be a long haul and require some creative ideas, all of which Tesla is good at. I would post some pics but the connection here is terrible. Maybe later.

Brentt
Shenzhen China

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like another first class property. Thanks for the report and photos.

The apparel suggestions sound like a good way for Tesla to make money and spread brand awareness at the same time. It is like media paying you to run your ad! I hope Tesla has the bandwidth to act on these suggestions.

GSP

Do Chinese people like to show off? Yes. Do they usually do that by wearing clothes with big logos of a certain organization? Absolutely no. People doing that will be viewed as either a weirdo or a salesperson for that organization in China. We make jokes about college students in US wearing all kinds of apparel with the university's name/logo on them.

I'm in China on business and thought I would stop by the Tesla showroom.
The showroom is nice and they did their homework when developing it.
The location isn't prime but it's good, located in an auto type mall with most of the
other major import brands. It was Sunday afternoon and they were busy. It looked like
there were at least a couple of serious deals in the works and I got the impression they
had sold about fifty cars for the Month.

A few things I learned that some of you may already know.
Back seats in the model S aren't allowed, dual chargers aren't allowed because they apparently
aren't considered safe, delivery time is three months, price for a model S is about 900,000 rmb ($145,000),
price isn't the biggest factor as most imports are pricey, the major challenge is charging because everyone
lives in highrise apartments. If you are a factory or building owner it's not a big deal but for everyone else buying a parking space or garage is out of the question. For now, it's probably not a major issue but to get to the masses Tesla will have to address the charging issue.

All in all I would say they were are on the right track. One area they are missing in sales and brand awareness is their clothing (Elon are you listening) There needs to be a much larger selection of clothing and accessories similiar to what Harley Davidson has done. The Chinese are all about show and anyone that spends $150K on a car wants their friends to know it not only when they are driving but in the office too. Every showroom needs a Tshirt with the location on it such as the HardRock brand has done (Tesla Shenzhen, Tesla Frankfurt, etc).

China is a huge market and the timing is right but its going to be a long haul and require some creative ideas, all of which Tesla is good at. I would post some pics but the connection here is terrible. Maybe later.

Brentt
Shenzhen China

View attachment 102742

View attachment 102743

View attachment 102744

I don't see anything wrong in wearing an apparel with their university logo, no different from that of your favorite sports team.

But I agree with you on companies. I don't see why anyone would go and pay money to buy a Pepsi branded jacket. It does sound silly. But most of those are generally given free to employees and in trade shows.

But Tesla is different. At least in the U.S. It sends a message that time has come to kick the oil addiction. I bought a Tesla sweatshirt, the first time I ever bought one just for the company logo.

I don't expect that level of moral support for Elon's goals in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's simply cultural difference. Unless during an organized event, we Chinese don't wear clothes with big logos on them, be the logo your university or some company. It is just not what we do. I personally bought a hat, a jacket, a mug, and a lunchbox from Tesla Motors and wear/use them almost everyday. My Chinese friends, who already know I'm a big fan of the company, still laughed at me (in a friendly manner) when they first see me wearing the jacket and the hat.

I don't see anything wrong in wearing an apparel with their university logo, no different from that of your favorite sports team.

But I agree with you on companies. I don't see why anyone would go and pay money to buy a Pepsi branded jacket. It does sound silly. But most of those are generally given free to employees and in trade shows.

But Tesla is different. At least in the U.S. It sends a message that time has come to kick the oil addiction. I bought a Tesla sweatshirt, the first time I ever bought one just for the company logo.

I don't expect that level of moral support for Elon's goals in China.

It's simply cultural difference. Unless during an organized event, we Chinese don't wear clothes with big logos on them, be the logo your university or some company. It is just not what we do. I personally bought a hat, a jacket, a mug, and a lunchbox from Tesla Motors and wear/use them almost everyday. My Chinese friends, who already know I'm a big fan of the company, still laughed at me (in a friendly manner) when they first see me wearing the jacket and the hat.

Agree, and it is not only the Chinese though. In college (UC Berkeley), almost all the students from Asia and Oceania thought it was a strange American cultural trait for the student of said school to be walking around with sweaters and t-shirts of the school they were attending. I seem to recall that the European students felt the same way as well...don't think you'll see many students with "Oxford" or "Cambridge" sweatshirts walking around at those institutions.