Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla threw is MY owners a bone - Performance Boost is now 4.2 seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a video was recently posted.

0 - 60
Pre-boost: 4.84
Boost: 4.33
Boost+: 4.25

30-70
Pre-boost: 3.63
Boost: 3.26
Boost+: 3.16

My guess is that Tesla hasn't changed the MY boost at all, but just slightly adjusted the number, like they did with the M3 AWD and AWD+. I'd love to be proven wrong, like in this video, but 1 run is within the range of test variability, since the difference is so small. Once more test runs and results become available, we will have a better idea if boost was tweaked (I hope so).

I don't have any times, but I did a 48 hour trial the day they dropped it to 4.2. It is much faster than before, the whole pull from 0-70, but especially 30-70. I got a refund after the 48 hours. After punching my returned-to-stock MY a few times, I bought the boost (no refund option the 2nd time).

If you are on the fence, trying it for 48 hours will likely push you over to the boosted-side.

I have. I wasn’t impressed and my wife and daughter didn’t even notice I’d added the boost. When I refunded it, they didn’t notice either. I may get it someday if they drop 0-60 to 4.0 seconds, but otherwise just not worth it for me.

With a 4.2 second 0-60 without rollout, it will be 4.0 or a hair faster with rollout. The MYP is 3.5 with rollout, and around 3.75 without rollout. In other words, the boosted MY is only 0.5 seconds slower 0-60 than the MYP.

Now, since you didn't notice the difference, I agree it makes no sense for you to keep it. The difference is very noticeable to me. 0-30 felt a little faster than pre-boost, but 30-70 is way faster.

At first, I was disappointed that the 0-30 range didn't hit that much harder. Then I realized... my car can get to 60 in 4 seconds without shredding the tires off the line - that's a really good thing. I've seen so many posts regarding needing new tires on performance Tesla cars in 10k miles.

Reactions: Levelheadsteve
With a 4.2 second 0-60 without rollout, it will be 4.0 or a hair faster with rollout. The MYP is 3.5 with rollout, and around 3.75 without rollout. In other words, the boosted MY is only 0.5 seconds slower 0-60 than the MYP.

Now, since you didn't notice the difference, I agree it makes no sense for you to keep it. The difference is very noticeable to me. 0-30 felt a little faster than pre-boost, but 30-70 is way faster.

At first, I was disappointed that the 0-30 range didn't hit that much harder. Then I realized... my car can get to 60 in 4 seconds without shredding the tires off the line - that's a really good thing. I've seen so many posts regarding needing new tires on performance Tesla cars in 10k miles.
Really? Maybe the Y wear profile is different but my P3D ran 15K on a set of Mich AS3+ before swapping wheels and still has a large amount of tread left over.

I'm referring to the performance version being harder on the tires when flooring it off the line. If you don't do that much, the accelerated wear isn't an issue. You can see many videos that show the dramatic 0-10 jump the M3P has off the line compared to the AWD version. The MYP isn't as dramatic, buy it still jumps quite bit harder than the boosted AWD. The dramatic jump off the line is fun, but it's also hard on the tires.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I'm referring to the performance version being harder on the tires when flooring it off the line. If you don't do that much, the accelerated wear isn't an issue. You can see many videos that show the dramatic 0-10 jump the M3P has off the line compared to the AWD version. The MYP isn't as dramatic, buy it still jumps quite bit harder than the boosted AWD. The dramatic jump off the line is fun, but it's also hard on the tires.

Agree! I have the MYP and my tires are halfway done and its only been 8k miles. I only drive on sport. I dont floor it from a stop anymore though since ive noticed crazy tire wear. hahaha

The fastest 0-60 I have logged is 3.35 sec with rollout with the 21in wheels. I am planning on getting 20in forged wheels which are substantially lighter, so I cant wait to see the 0-60 numbers then, and hopefully better range. I have heard great results from others so far.

For fun, I went and looked at my Software info and when I clicked on the Info button this popped up
ZaPMLtJ.jpg

I'm still on SW v 40.3 so they must have secretly pushed this last night.

I wonder if they improved off-line acceleration too. Gonna take it for a spin and grin.

Are you saying that you did not buy the acceleration boost package? Mine is showing as included all though I never purchased.

Reactions: ElectricIAC