Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to discontinue RWD Model S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but there is some non-zero number of customers that will be steered from wanting a Model S to wanting a Model 3 because of this (RWD enthusiasts? People who can afford a $70k car but not a $75k?). Unless this is simply outweighed by the manufacturing efficiency improvements of not having this extra option, this could be a sign that customer facing Model 3 efforts are just about ready to roll out.

Check out how CNBC mangled this story. Headline looks okay, but watch the video...
Tesla will discontinue cheapest Model S on Sunday

I first heard about this when someone on another group posted a photo of a freeze-frame of CNBC on TV today, with this headline at the bottom of the screen, "Tesla shares fall on news Model S will be discontinued." Looked it up on CNBC.com, and to my amazement they clearly haven't realized yet what idiots they are.

Here in Europe there have been some reports that they who are waiting on Model S 75D have got a price drop of nearly $5k. This means that Tesla continue to different Model S from Model 3 and the price difference gets more understandable.