Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla To Set Model 3 Sales Record In The Netherlands: 6,500 In Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
In September, more than 5,000 Model 3 might be delivered in the Netherlands. Reports from the Netherlands strongly indicate that Tesla Model 3 sales went through the roof in September, which will significantly contribute to the expected 100,000 EV sales in Q3. One of the reports (as of Sep 27) says that Tesla already delivered...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/09/27/tesla-model-3-sales-record-netherlands/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Why those dates. Is there something special happening in the Netherlands to drive up demand?

Most model 3 sold in the Netherlands are lease cars for company employees. The lease taxes are low for ev’s but going to be raised significant in oct. So lots and lots of employees who can select a new car choose the SR+ because of its cheap taxes. Sad to say that the sales are not environmental driven for the most. Good thing is there less ICE’s on the road

You can see what happend start of the year with the sales of the model S after the taxes where raised. ↘️

Most model 3 sold in the Netherlands are lease cars for company employees. The lease taxes are low for ev’s but going to be raised significant in oct. So lots and lots of employees who can select a new car choose the SR+ because of its cheap taxes. Sad to say that the sales are not environmental driven for the most. Good thing is there less ICE’s on the road

You can see what happend start of the year with the sales of the model S after the taxes where raised. ↘️

Enlighten me, what is going to be raised in October?

I believe there is another reason for the huge surge/demand for the M3:
+ End of Q3 deliveries
+ Higher tax benefits in 2019 than in 2020 (but I believe that the demand in 2020 will remain high)
+ 12.000 M3's on the road in Holland nowadays, with mostly very enthusiastic owners. The M3 is getting a well known car, even mainstream. The sales of BMW 3 series, Mercedes C-class, Audi A4 and Volkswagen Passat is nothing in comparison to the past.
+ Growing sense of urgency; more and more people are starting to recognize the huge problems we're facing environmental.

Enlighten me, what is going to be raised in October?

I believe there is another reason for the huge surge/demand for the M3:
+ End of Q3 deliveries
+ Higher tax benefits in 2019 than in 2020 (but I believe that the demand in 2020 will remain high)
+ 12.000 M3's on the road in Holland nowadays, with mostly very enthusiastic owners. The M3 is getting a well known car, even mainstream. The sales of BMW 3 series, Mercedes C-class, Audi A4 and Volkswagen Passat is nothing in comparison to the past.
+ Growing sense of urgency; more and more people are starting to recognize the huge problems we're facing environmental.

Yes, You are right, taxes are not going to be raised in oct but in 2020 sorry my mistake. I bought my M3 private so im not that well known with the tax rules for company cars. But in order to benefit from the current tax you need to order now so Tesla can deliver this year, that's why there are so many orders.

I don't agree with your statement about mainstream. 80% of the dutch people never spend more than €20.000/€30.000 on a car. The majority of the more expensive cars is company car/lease and they are mostly cost driven not environmental. will see what happens after taxes are doubled next year. Sales of the Model S almost went to 0 after last Jan tax rase, whilst Oct, Nov, Dec 2018 sales rocketed. Not as much as the M3 but the S is also a completely other price range.

I totally agree! they are the best ev on the market and all who drive one is super enthusiastic. That's why i bought 1. :cool:

Most behavior is driven by economic consideration, which is why it's critical for the right financial incentives to be available for EV adoption. Here in the US, all of the incentives (subsidies) support ICE vehicles, specifically SUVs and trucks.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it just shows that the real way to sustainability is to reward good behavior and penalize poor behavior.

Reactions: JRY.