Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trade in question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what I was told was the trade in won't be assessed until you get a delivery date set. So it won't be for a few weeks yet for my March delviery.

Whether that's correct or not I guess we will see. I've tried.

Reactions: s7gpt
So what I was told was the trade in won't be assessed until you get a delivery date set. So it won't be for a few weeks yet for my March delviery.

Whether that's correct or not I guess we will see. I've tried.
Ouch.

I'm counting my blessings on only waiting two days for "upload pictures" to "accepted/confirmed" on trade-in offer.

For what its worth, i've not had any further detail or feedback over and above "we'll get in touch once documentation/payment stage" - no hidden (source code) VIN yet either, just the "March 2022" on the app/site.

I requested a trade in of my M3P for an LR and got the final value confirmed today - ordered the new car on 1st Feb.

Not been given a delivery slot yet - showing as March on my account.

Per others above, when I spoke to them over the phone they did say that they have been inundated with trade-in requests, and if it's a non-tesla then it's taking slightly longer to process but they aren't favouring tesla trade-ins over non-tesla - they're just in a queue.

I grabbed an inventory car earlier this week, so have a date of Feb 15-22. I was originally not going to bother with a trade-in but asked them to re-enable to option on my order. I have a suspicion the trade-in may be slowing down my progress for getting a date... I think I'll try to get on to them in chat to see if that's the case. If it is slowing things down I'll just sell my car elsewhere. Plenty of people trying to bite my hand off for it at the moment.