Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily mine's very straightforward, key for cash. The car's in excellent condition, so just hoping they don't scrabble for cheeky last minute reductions or something silly.

Does yours qualify for the "premium service" or whatever they called it where they sell it straight to dealers? Mine sold to Toyota in Stockport and they got a 3rd party to firm to come collect it. The bloke took a few photos and checked paperwork but otherwise was totally uninterested in checking for any damage, helped by the fact it was raining and signed off on it, mind you the car "was" mint also, so...

They did have a bit of a moan about not having 2 keys after they received the car, even though I explained this to Motorway that the second key was taken apart and incorporated into the 3rd party alarm system I had installed so not sure if that's going to cause any grief. Still not had a confirmation of finance being cleared so going to have to chase them on Monday.

Tesla offered such a *sugar* price, I washed my car, advertising, made £4k more.

Their first quote was great but second, not so much.

I too could have easily made a couple grand selling private but I didn't want the hassle, especially with covid, of time wasters, hagglers, people wanting to test drive it without insurance etc etc so I took the, hopefully, easy route.

Tesla offered us 16k for a 2013 Cayenne. Sold on autotrader one month later for 24,500.

Tesla just use BCA which give much worse prices than even WBAC. Tesla do nothing with the trade in except for handing it directly to BCA who sell at auction and give Tesla the money.

The Tesla sales guy in Edinburgh who I spoke with during the order process basically said the Tesla trade in is a joke, and to take the extra 5 mins to sell privately or to another dealer.

Seems to be extremely variable.

The trade-in price for my 2016 SEAT Leon was pretty competitive. Within about £1500 of what I would have got privately at the very most, as I had some cosmetic damage from a numpty old bloke in a BMW that reversed into my rear quarter in a car park, and they weren't bothered about it at all, so likely under £1000 difference once that damage was taken into account. Definitely not worth the hassle of a private sale during a pandemic for that amount!