Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade Value in Vs. CarMax Trade in Value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a Tesla trade in quote for my model 3 on feb 26th the day I placed my order for a model y. My model y is ready now and in the trade in section on mytesla page now where you submit pics of your car you are trading in, the trade in price is $2500 less than what I got a quote for last week. There is no major cosmetic issues with car or Mechanical issues at all. Has this happened to anyone else or is there some shadyness going on here on Tesla’s part?

also does Tesla March quotes from vroom, carvana or CarMax?
I was told by Tesla that they will NOT match Carmax offers for Teslas. Only non-tesla cars.

I sold my old BMW 3 series to Carmax a few years ago so I was familiar when my dad ordered his M3 last year. Tesla matched the Carmax offer that was $1,000 more than the Tesla trade-in offer, but as with others, the Carmax is fairly close so we had a physical offer. However, if my memory serves me correctly we just had to scan and send the written offer to them. I never thought to try Carvana or Vroom, but that sounds like a great alternative depending on the increased value vs. the tax consequence. Thanks for the heads up!