Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla trip planner - no M3 SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's...not that great a tool anyway.... try:

A Better Routeplanner

which has a TON more options available

Yes, my wife and I drove 5,000 KMs from Ontario to Florida and back at Christmas in my M3 Standard Range Plus and used AbetterRoutePlanner. It was very accurate. I just added 10% more range then what it suggested to get me to the next Supercharger in case it was off a bit due to weather, traffic, etc...I have done this trip several times with a few other cars and hated being in that car after that amount of time in it but still love driving my M3!

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
The PlugShare App also has a great map feature for long distance travels. Abetterrouteplanner looks great as well.

Curious about other long range travellers (Canada to Florida via I79/77). Just returned home (ICE) due to concerns about time/charging/etc. and wondering how much additional time (and nights) others add to their Florida planning?
Cheers.

The PlugShare App also has a great map feature for long distance travels. Abetterrouteplanner looks great as well.

Curious about other long range travellers (Canada to Florida via I79/77). Just returned home (ICE) due to concerns about time/charging/etc. and wondering how much additional time (and nights) others add to their Florida planning?
Cheers.

You missed an opportunity to enjoy driving your Tesla. :)

Trip impact depends on your model. If SR+ you'll stop more often, for longer. If an LR, you shouldn't notice any real impact. The car is easier to drive, which offsets the slight impact from charging stops, IMHO.

Disclaimer: We drive everywhere we can, which included going out to Northern Colorado at Thanksgiving and suburban Chicago for XMas & New Year.

Use abetterrouteplanner to plan the trip and figure out where to stay overnight, based on how many hours a day you want to spend in the car. We try to avoid more than 11 to 12 hours, including supercharging, but we have done the 740 miles between here and Chicago twice now in a single long day, which is closer to 14.

You missed an opportunity to enjoy driving your Tesla. :)

Trip impact depends on your model. If SR+ you'll stop more often, for longer. If an LR, you shouldn't notice any real impact. The car is easier to drive, which offsets the slight impact from charging stops, IMHO.

Disclaimer: We drive everywhere we can, which included going out to Northern Colorado at Thanksgiving and suburban Chicago for XMas & New Year.

Use abetterrouteplanner to plan the trip and figure out where to stay overnight, based on how many hours a day you want to spend in the car. We try to avoid more than 11 to 12 hours, including supercharging, but we have done the 740 miles between here and Chicago twice now in a single long day, which is closer to 14.

While it’s true you’ll stop more often, I’m a firm believer that stopping for less time (11%-60%) is better than stopping longer to avoid additional superchargers. Stopping 6 times for 10 minutes is faster than stopping 3 times for 30 minutes.