Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trip To Hell & Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you headed to hell, you need to plan a little bit, if you plan to make it back.

You were very fortunate! Alexandria, LA is one of the most violent cities in the US and could be classified as hell, if you are from the upscale suburbs. For Alexandria, LA we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon.
Source: Alexandria, LA Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Please protect yourself and your family by preparing before you hit the road. Also get a dog, that is a great pet, but also a deterrent, like a retired working dog similar to a Belgium Malinois, also he will keep you active and get you out of car to play fetch, they love to work and they are very loyal. Really any dog from 40 to 80 lbs who is alert and likes to bark. You have to stop and charge, you may as well get a little exercise as well.

As far as the jackazz- if this ever happens again - quietly call 911 and leave your phone on - the police will have an audio recording of everything. Also, I agree with the poster that said alcohol and the threats to a senior citizen would have been a call to action for the police. The guy that pulled the knife may have seemed safe, but the rule is never bring a knife to a gun fight, he had no idea if this perp was carrying a weapon and could have ended very badly for him.

I agree that you need mace and a maybe a taser, the gun option is up to you, but you are a target when you are tethered in your vehicle in an intercity area - the thugs know you can't move and you no longer have the option of your car as a 5000 lb weapon against an assault. Also keep in mind you are driving a $100,000+ car in the hood, means you are a juicy target for an ATM kidnapping to clean out your bank account, especially if you are 70+. Some people are cockroaches, dont be the one that gets stomped, be defensive, be firm, be professional and be aware of your surroundings and don't hesitate to just trust your gut and just leave if you feel uneasy for any reason. A extra day added to your trip because you had to charge at a hotel HPWC is much better than years of rehab (if you are that fortunate), or the injury or loss of a loved one.

Glad you are safe and it pisses me off to see jerks treat our seniors like that. On a lighter note: If you have a hitch bring a tow rope next time and help the people move their cars ;).

Tasers are legal in Louisiana I recommend the M26 Taser and Saber red pepper spray. Also recommend a dash camera, so that your side of the story is documented.

i love to read about you guys who tow, I cant wait to get a 200 kWh Tesla so I can do the same thing!!!!

When I get a notification that someone has disagreed with this post, I finally begin to understand why people get murdered - there are a lot of dumba**es in this country. How can you disagree with protecting yourself from a thug? SMH at the shallow minded people. Just HARD to understand.

Buddyroe, simmer down brother, just because they disagree doesn't mean they dont like you personally. They just don't have the global perspective that you have.

I recognize a good sheepdog when I see one, we have the same wiring. Society needs pygmy sheep, so the Wolves have something to eat.

Buddyroe, simmer down brother, just because they disagree doesn't mean they dont like you personally. They just don't have the global perspective that you have.

I recognize a good sheepdog when I see one, we have the same wiring. Society needs pygmy sheep, so the Wolves have something to eat.

O could care less if any like me. Take a look at my profile and you'll see that. I just HATE when people cowardly disagree, but offer no reason why.

This isn't the appropriate place for a debate on self-protection philosophy. But in brief, a few observations:
  • Part of why people pay their taxes is so that we have a police force whose job it is to prevent and foil crimes, and are trained to use force to do so. It is not a required thing in our society that everyone should have to train themselves to use force so that they can prevent and foil crimes on their own, and wrong to suggest otherwise.

Yea, the police would have definitely saved this guy's life. How long did it take them to get there? It's foolish (and childish) to think the police can protect you.

I think it is amazingly awesome that we can chose to or not to carry a weapon in America. I don't think anyone should be required to carry one. But, that doesn't mean I'm not going to be dismayed when someone chooses not to. Fortunately, I won't be the one in that helpless situation using words and prayer to try to save my life and/or my families life. To each his own.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones