Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad is a retired CHP officer and back in the day it was not unusual for him to put 250 or more miles on a unit during a shift. He would usually have to fill up with gas once during mid-shift to make it until the end. Just part of the process and routine. Officers and crew would need Tesla operations and maintenance training along with required tools, chargers, etc.
That amount of daily distance for a cruiser is highly unusual in the USA. 50-100 miles is the norm. That is for a 10 hour shift. LA may be the higher end, but you are talking about 4 hours at 60 mph, or moving at 25 mph ALL THE TIME.

• Informative
Reactions: Skryll
Does anyone else see a *yuge* potential for cyber truck in LEO space? It actually seems like a complete no brainer to me. Performance, storage, lower cost per mile, comfort, badass, etc. They would literally pay for themselves. How many vehicles per year is the police, sheriff, CHP market?
Screen-Shot-2020-02-21-at-5.41.31-AM.jpg
I'm down with OPP

Usually where there’s smoke there’s fire. I wouldn’t be surprised if we learn about a Tesla/VW partnership at some point in the future. This is just starting to be too much at this point. They’ve been talking each other up for months and now this “secret” meeting. I don’t see Elon ever talking to or about any other auto execs. This is very interesting. We’ll see what plays out.
Also, VW is buying battery packs from Tesla to power Electrify America chargers.

Let's just bombard the video with dislikes :D
But seriously, probably gonna be my first time commenting on youtube, ready to embrace all the hate

EDIT: comment is onine, feel free to add what I missed or correct me, as I don't own a Tesla yet :(
I own a Tesla and, while the review was a bit of a cherry pick, the fundamental conclusion of the status of 2020.24 was not inaccurate

Was planning on getting a used 3 for years now, until I saw that I save maybe 2-3k. No depreciation. Will end up getting a new Y instead. Ha. Next year!
OT a bit ... but my trade in quote from Tesla for my MS increased month over month from August to September by $400 not a whole lot but increasing ... that sounds bullish

That amount of daily distance for a cruiser is highly unusual in the USA. 50-100 miles is the norm. That is for a 10 hour shift. LA may be the higher end, but you are talking about 4 hours at 60 mph, or moving at 25 mph ALL THE TIME.

I don't disagree - depends on where, when, and how much traffic patrol. My dad was in the CHP from the 60's through the early 90's in a rural highway area of northern CA. 0-140mph all day long. 440 magnum Dodge, 302 Mustang, etc. really drank the gas.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
My only green for today is Curevac, TSLA, and my NKLA put. lol

I own a Tesla and, while the review was a bit of a cherry pick, the fundamental conclusion of the status of 2020.24 was not inaccurate

It was the framing that I mostly didn't like. They more or less ignored how Tesla rolls out features and steadily improves them and allows more automatic action.