Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toyota has the cushion of its home market which will never abandon them. But they risk being marginalized in a big way which was simply unthinkable ten years ago.
That's actually questionable. According to "The Prius That Shook the World", in the mid-1990s their sales in Japan had fallen so far that it looked as if 40% market share was an unreachable goal. No one under 55 purchased a Toyota--it was an old folk's and government car. What they did was break their traditional management style and brought the top engineers from each department, put them in a room, and told them to create the technology required for the 21st century. They never actually expected to have a car, only technology they could put in other cars. That's how they got the Prius. Unfortunately, after that success they went back to the previous management style and stagnated. Presumably they would do the same thing again once their Japanese market collapses again.

Crap, how did you get the number exactly?

upload_2020-9-4_12-19-40.png

VW One-Ups Tesla With a Revolutionary Battery Breakthrough

VW plans to scale using QuantumScape Solid State by 2025.

I think Solid State will go to iPhones etc before going into cars. ~ Cheers!!
If anyone is looking at kcac, the warrants are a better deal than the stock. As I type this, the stock is at ~$22 with warrants implying a ~$18 price.

Be warned that the warrants are not very liquid and even small purchases move the price a ton, to get a fill.

Patrol units get worse mileage than the average car because of how they are used. Number of miles driven, acceleration, terrain, elevation, city/highway, weather, etc. all contribute to the specific mileage efficiencies. I would think officers would certainly try to charge without disrupting a shift, but I don't know if it would always be possible.
During the shift, they don't have to use SCs, They often visit places where there are public chargers, so they can always pick up a few miles while they are at those places.

Reactions: EVortex
This. If S&P index funds have to include Tesla, first they have to find cash to buy Tesla stock and that comes by dropping all their holdings by ~ 1% which would look like a massive selling due to it coming from large funds. A lot of things are going towards right direction in US from an economy point of view, why would the stock market have a massive sell off? Excessive greed, combined with index sell off caused the massive drop in S&P and Nasdaq on Thursday IMHO

It was postulated early on that making room for TSLA would look like a market crash. It’s possible the algos saw it as such and started selling everything.

I've been reading this thread since before and after I invested. Some questions about terminology;

What is BB?
What is AH (besides the World of Warcraft Auction House, lol).
What are MMs? Not M&Ms. Got familiar with those around age 3.

Thanks in advance!

There is an acronym list in the FAQ: FAQ: TSLA Investor Discussions

but BB is missing I see. Generally I think one should avoid using acronyms that are not common (eg FAQ). Too much acronyms can easily lead to incomprehensible language for newcomers.

Market seems to anticipate good news for TSLA. Me too so I got me some more to be prepared for next week. Have been buying the whole way down, but saving some dry powder in case SnP still lags or macros fall again.

Reactions: Spacep0d
It was, mainly, a joke.

But if we are going to be serious, I still would love them to buy up VW. TSLA market cap is big enough that they could do it, and they have a corporate environment that is at least semi-receptive to electrification.

Oh, and VW has some very nice factories spread around the world that I'm sure Tesla could retrofit nicely.

Not saying it's the BEST use of capital, but if we are putting our wish list out there, Tesla gobbling up a traditional automaker is on my list. It certainly would get the attention of the traditional automakers and the nay-sayers on Wall ST.

I've often fantasised... oh sorry, wrong forum...

No, seriously, I have a crazy scenario where Tesla buys GM, Ford and VW, and immediately shuts-down all ICE production.

BAF!!!