Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to catch up here. In two days I fell 800 posts behind!:eek:

I still have 300 posts to go and I’m exhausted. Anybody got a TL;DR to cover them?:cool:
It would REALLY help if the blog tool could organize by conversation, hiding all responses to a post with a “+” to view them. Actually it would help a lot whether one is caught up or not.

Looks like we're camping out around $370. Dreams do come true.

slowly-but-surely-my-dream-will-come-true-i-can-24276034.png

German public TV station Das Erste just aired Elon´s tweet where he is recruiting workers for Giga Berlin. Börse vor Acht (Stock Market before eight), a short daily segment on the economic situation and stock market just before THE main news show Tagesschau, highlighted the problems the German car industry today with truck maker MAN announcing additional job cuts. It ended talking about Giga Berlin, contrasting Tesla´s outlook with the grim situation other car makers are facing (skip to 2:20 in the video) and showing Elon´s tweet, while listing all the types of jobs Tesla is looking for.

That should be the best advertisement for working at GF Berlin. Very fair reporting IMHO and no sign of protectionism. I think having a factory in Germany/Europe will make a big difference also for Tesla customers.

https://www.ardmediathek.de/daserst...ie/das-erste/Y3JpZDovL2hyLW9ubGluZS8xMDk1ODI/

The snobbish tone used in the "purple patch" quote makes me hope that TSLA doesn't join the S&P. Objectively, I can see their point regarding profitability from the use of credits IF they were the average Joe. However, their research should go beyond the media talking heads and the Seeking Az'oles crowd.

I said, back when I first found TMC, that the Street won't quit manipulating TSLA as long as they can make money from doing so. I don't think that the Street is ready to give up their cash cow. If/when TSLA joins the S&P 500 there are so many funds that would be affected by manipulating TSLA that even the SEC would have to take notice.

Yeah, that 'purple-patch' was some side-eye, wot? There's ALREADY a specific rule requiring that the sum of the previous 4 quarters be profitable, not just the latest quarter to avoid 'flashes-in-the-pan'.

Face it: Tesla is Legit. The S&P old foggies are setting themselves up to be the biggest losers in this contest, and that's shorting something... :p

But you know what would be a real punk-ass move? Announcing a new S&P 500 inclusion for a not-previously-listed company like Zoom (ZM) the day before Battery Day, just to tank the SP and nullify the bounce expected from all the good news.

I can see those old boys thinking about it right now, wondering how to pull it off. o_O