Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see one - only one, but it's a big one - justification for Mr Musk not to have said anything about that ridiculous TeslaWatch.

Now that he has definitively spoken about a "Hey Whaddabout THIS" item/concept/process/, it can be that camel's nose under the tent.

That is, the possibilities are:

1.Keep your flapper shut the next time....

2. Or give it a thumbs up...

3. Or a thumbs down.

Fraught with bad ramifications under all outcomes. Ugh.

No they are not: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1305570412349321216

Edit: I'm happy Elon said something. That rumor seemed very out of left field and didn't make any sense to me.
It took me a while to find it, but there was an ancient (1978) movie based on real events, The Billion Dollar Bubble - Wikipedia . An insurance company accidentally mounts the same tape twice, and the software suddenly thinks they're more valuable than they were. So they start doing it intentionally. Anyway, the relevance here is the closing scene, as the FBI is dragging out the CEO, he shouts "We'll announce a merger with EXXON!". Sounds like a Trevor line, too.

No they are not: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1305570412349321216

Edit: I'm happy Elon said something. That rumor seemed very out of left field and didn't make any sense to me.
I always try and see anything posted about Tesla in a positive way. And I was hoping he'd have the WATCH be a key to the car for the times people would be away from their homes and their phones either die or are lost. A Watch "fob" would be a good back-up. And so convenient if you're doing something (surfing/rock-climbing) where you won't have your phone.
And convenient AF.
Edited...replaced "phone" with WATCH

From Chamath Palihapitiya via Twitter:

Options seem fun but they are like allowing a toddler to play with a loaded gun. You can have a few close calls but it eventually catches up with you.

Don't trade options if you have no clue what you are doing :)

That advice could not be more true! I have to admit that if I buy a call in any stock other than TSLA, you would be wise to do the opposite!
But there is nothing more satisfying than believing you know what you know, and having good reasons to do so. As someone here posted, driving a Tesla is like having inside information… Maybe it should be illegal, ha ha

Possibly! but to me it looks like large batches of shares being bid up because there aren’t enough available, and the buyers don’t care they’re adding multiple %s during big buys.

idk I’m not a big boy I swing 200k-1mil. But when I do swing it I’m not giving away 1-2% during my buy order.

Something’s brewing

I would also note that premiums for selling out of the money calls is low. The option of picking up a few $$ at low risk for short term covered calls is very limited. Presplit announcement selling 25% above market covered calls was pretty low risk, but not now, and the premium seems lower now than it has been since the split.

Reactions: llirk
Any thoughts that some news is pending?

I’ve been watching this stock daily for a very very very long time and today seems exceptionally bullish.

: edit clarification :

volume is low enough that it’s a move-able SP, but seems no sellers

Something is pending. Not investment advice.

Ill bet a Tesla share that something drops.

this is the strongest single day I’ve ever seen in any stock where buyers literally aren’t caring what they’re paying. Just limited buyers to some subset. This is amazing buying pressure

this is the strongest single day I’ve ever seen in any stock where buyers literally aren’t caring what they’re paying. Just limited buyers to some subset. This is amazing buying pressure

Omg it’s being capped sooooo hard.

you’re watching tomorrow’s mmd right now

I want to break free...

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-09-14.15-19.png

Cheers!

It's hard to believe than my IRA can swing $200K either way in a single day and it doesn't phase me one bit. Unreal.

LOL, this calmness cannot be normal.

Hats off to those here owning a lot more shares than I.
It is unreal. It is Paper Paper money.
It hit home to me with my "measly" little $278k total back when I screwed up the good faith thing and had to have my money sit there in my account as "CASH" for two days. It was real then.
I paralleled it to having $1000 in the bank as opposed to having a thousand bucks in your hand and looking at it.
I am getting a handle on it though (I am becoming jaded.). I just focus on the fact that all I really need out of this venture is to finish with $150k, everything above that just means I can dream a little bit more.

Reactions: M|S|M MYP