Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were running a data collection Autonomous fleet for a German OEM in Berlin and the instructions to us were simple. The data can be handled with 3rd party ONLY and ONLY if the faces and License plates were blurred and that the cars carried marketing information on them that enabled people to look us up online.
Exactly what "Third Party" would Tesla be using here?

As far as I can tell, this is yet another example of how Tesla's vertical integration places if far, far ahead of others . . . .

For us long-term investors this feels like a potential FUD attack--which could lead to another opportunity to buy TSLA "On Sale!" today?

You do understand that Tesla cannot do everything themselves right?. They use Scale AI to label data. Ofcourse once the neural network takes over the whole code and does self labelling, they would stop using Scale AI. But until then, they are using 3rd party tools. They also use AWS services, and which servers gets used matters.

What FUD? Who is spreading FUD? Also I am talking about the German OEM, not Tesla.

I couldn't edit my other response, and realized I didn't answer your question.

- I don't think using any particular tax rule makes someone immoral.
- I don't presume to know someone's intentions based on the tax rules they use
- I consider some tax rules to be unwise or unfair, and will vote to change them.
- I believe too many people nowadays presume to know other's intentions or attitudes without nearly enough information.
The linked article's advice was to create a charitable trust, offload appreciated shares to it, the self said shares, and hand the money back to yourself in annual distributions.

Seems to me that the motivations of this action and intentions of the originator are to avoid payment of appropriate capital gains tax. Can you tell me another possible motivation or intention?

If improving batteries in cost, durability and range is gonna lose Tesla a handful of racing customers, it's still a genius move.
Sorry but the mission is more important than races. Buy a Porsche.

Like so many other people you think binary. They are NOT mutually exclusive.

If they were, Tesla would not have started out with a roadster as their first car, nor would they have a massive roadster 2 vehicle or the Model S Plaid edition in the wings.

Dude buying puts based on what someone posted on the internet?

I'm not sure what gave you that impression. I said I sold puts, which I usually do weekly based on my own ideas about the price movement, and it just happened that on that week the stock was ending very near the strike, so I was paying a little more attention to the price and noticed that on Friday people were predicting a close which ended up being a bit off.

I'm certainly not trying to say that people haven't at times made predictions of the stock price that ended up being accurate. What I'm saying is that it in actuality happens less than people remember. And the timeframe of the prediction matters... was the prediction on the Friday itself? Or was it on Monday? Was there a consensus or did a bunch of people throw out numbers and one person happened to be right? That sort of thing.

This is akin to the arguments made by some some folks that hybrids should be called EV's because it's possible to drive them primarily on battery by only using a subset of it's range or capability.

The reality is that a platform should be evaluated as a whole. While it may be possible reduce emissions by only using a fraction of the vehicle's specified capability, that really isn't painting an accurate picture of what it may emit when used as designed to it's full capability.

We are already getting to the point where you can make a long range battery bank for less money than you can build and ICE engine + generator.

Am I alone in thinking we're going to tank after battery day, no matter how good it is? I then expect a rebound much higher after a week or so once the implications properly sink in with the wider investing community.

Depends.

What you stated is the usual play on good news with TSLA. A great Q for example. However, he Elon does deliver some actually mind-blowing stuff that someone not on this forum can get really excited about, I think it'll fly.