Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The battery day presentation refers to Tesla producing 100GWh of 4680 cells in 2022. As the lines are 20GWh each, that is 5 lines which will need to be in place by the end of 2021. My thinking is that 2 of these will be required in Berlin and 2 in Texas. Assuming the pilot line in Fremont has been upgraded to 20GWh by that stage that would meet the target. Does this seem the likely distribution?

The implication would be that Shanghai would continue to use third party cells (LG and CATL).

Battery day has certainly put some tantalising options on the table and it will be exciting to see how they pan out. The implications in terms of vehicle and storage volumes for 2022 are also pretty incredible if the Tesla cells are only half of the total cells used. :)

Another thing might be airco’s, if Tesla tech can produce them cheaper than traditional designs. If they use less energy as well, that might give the grid a bit of relief. (Except when more are sold because they are cheaper.).

in any case, there appear to be opportunities for Tesla in India.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Another thing might be airco’s, if Tesla tech can produce them cheaper than traditional designs. If they use less energy as well, that might give the grid a bit of relief. (Except when more are sold because they are cheaper.).

in any case, there appear to be opportunities for Tesla in India.

Aircon with a few hours storage for outages during peak/hottest times. Literally a lifesaver.

Read this last night, don't agree with all the conclusions, but I do see a good bit of it happening. I've convinced at least 4 people to buy 5-figure share values or higher.
Tesla Fans Are Convincing The World To Buy The Stock (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Edit - I know it's SA. Pained me as well to click on it.

I got both my children to buy stock just before the split. They bought more yesterday. Next, I will get them both to buy a model Y. Maybe I will offer to pay the down payment! That should work!

Given all the uncertainty, disarray and chaos of the present time, I doubt there will be any significant volume or price movement until Q3 earnings are reported.Even then I don't expect anything major until the US election results have been determined. If accepted the price will rise, if contested I expect huge drops, if violence spreads rapidly all bets are off worldwide.

No analysis alters the reality that US political disarray dominates anything else. I plan zero trades of any kind until the US election is over.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1313854912212750346?s=21

"Berlin will use 4680 cell with structural battery pack & front & rear single piece castings. Also, a new paint system. Lot of new technology will happen in Berlin, which means significant production risk. Fremont & Shanghai will transition in ~2 years when new tech is proven."

Given all the uncertainty, disarray and chaos of the present time, I doubt there will be any significant volume or price movement until Q3 earnings are reported.Even then I don't expect anything major until the US election results have been determined. If accepted the price will rise, if contested I expect huge drops, if violence spreads rapidly all bets are off worldwide.

No analysis alters the reality that US political disarray dominates anything else. I plan zero trades of any kind until the US election is over.

You may well be right, but I see plenty of stock seemingly unaffected by $TSLA's malaise

I need some money out by the year-end and I don't want to sell shares. If necessary I'll sell aggressively priced calls, better to take the risk of selling all than the certainly of selling some, IMO.