Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just now copied this from Tesla's web site.

Returns
Cars eligible for return must have an odometer mileage of less than 1,000 miles at the time of return; have a New Vehicle Limited Warranty that has not been voided; have not been the subject of any submission or application for any available incentives or perks; is in new condition, without damage or abnormal wear and tear; and has not been resold or transferred to any person or entity. Returns must be completed within seven days of delivery. Learn more about return terms and conditions.

That 'Learn more' link is to the page that no longer exists.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Peter Rawlinson turns 64 soon. He's ready for a nap, not production hell. I'm 99% sure Lucid will be a Nikola style SPAQ-and-dash. It will work too, so good for them I guess.

To be fair, unlike Fake-o-la, they do have a real car and manufacturing facilities.

And I think they have a market too for this opulent beast they've created. I personally think it's hideous, but it's the sort of thing that appeals to the demographic that buys Rolls Royce and Bentley.

To be fair, unlike Fake-o-la, they do have a real car and manufacturing facilities.
Since you started, on Benzinga today ....

Nikola shares are trading lower after the company's CEO said the company could revert to a 'base plan' without GM if necessary, potentially causing investor concerns that the deal may not pan out as expected.

upload_2020-10-16_13-15-45.png

Where did you find it? I couldn't find it for the Model Y, but that text is listed on the S/3/X order page in the additional information area. Of course the "Learn more" link takes you nowhere. (It redirects to the generic support page.)

But are any cars eligible for return now? (I suspect that they missed removing it from some places.)

upload_2020-10-16_22-16-11.png

Me too. I ended up in margin with cost basis of 450 as I though that was the number. Let's hope the world doesn't burn over the weekend. [well, anymore than it already is. :( ]

FWIW I'm "stuck" with 100 margin shares I bought about morning of 9/21 at $451/share.... I'm up about $6300 selling weekly covered calls against em so far though, so that's always an.... option.

Reactions: gabeincal
In fact, Peter himself several times through his wording tried to avoid being painted as a Tesla competitor. In other words, he is not even attempting competition with Tesla.
You should realize this means absolutely nothing. They are clearly attempting competition with Tesla and it's likely their goals are much higher than stated. He has the sense to play the humble card in the beginning stages.

I'm with you Lucid does not represent a threat to Tesla but this is true of all legacy and startup OEMs.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Where did you find it? I couldn't find it for the Model Y, but that text is listed on the S/3/X order page in the additional information area. Of course the "Learn more" link takes you nowhere. (It redirects to the generic support page.)

But are any cars eligible for return now? (I suspect that they missed removing it from some places.)
If you go through the order steps, on the summary page click View additional information. I don't know but I suspect they did cancel the no-questions-asked 7-day return policy.

Why you? Here are some quotes from you today:

"That's what I need to do, pick a price. I think you might get it today but that's pretty low considering next Wed ER. I could try for $433.01 just to have one up on you, but $440 seems more realistic."
"... patiently waiting for the drop."
"Will we get $442, or miss it entirely?"

The key word in my post was "repeatedly". Once was enough to get the idea.

I'll drop the subject now. I just wanted you to be aware your posts may be annoying some readers.

Meanwhile... Green! :D
Sorry if you took offense, I will consider next time.
I was only describing the future and having fun with it, in ridicule at times, so others could see this silly pattern. I used to be pissed as hell at how and when it got manipulated. So I stopped being angry and started counting on it here and there. I don't trade a lot, but this seemed like a logical setup.

If you go through the order steps, on the summary page click View additional information. I don't know but I suspect they did cancel the no-questions-asked 7-day return policy.

Applying Occams razor I would suggest that very few cars were returned.

On the other hand, it was a great selling gimmick, but maybe we don't need gimmicks any more?

Makes me wonder about the SR+ not being available in Europe until February, is the demand so great in the USA, could be...

Reactions: Rammstein
Sorry if you took offense, I will consider next time.
I was only describing the future and having fun with it, in ridicule at times, so others could see this silly pattern. I used to be pissed as hell at how and when it got manipulated. So I stopped being angry and started counting on it here and there. I don't trade a lot, but this seemed like a logical setup.

No stress. We all have out personal plays, whether it being loading up on a dip, selling a bit on a spike, or various option-plays either way.

Current SP action for the last three weeks has been frustrating for many. End of the day, most of us here (no birdgoats here recently I note) are all in for the Mission.

I have a friendly suggestion... no need to repeatedly publicly root for the SP to drop on a Tesla investors forum. Keep that to yourself. The vast majority here are already holding large amounts of TSLA. We aren't sitting with cash waiting for a drop 3 days before earnings.

And especially on a Friday afternoon... lots of us have options expiring today.

Hopefully we never see $442 again, until after the next split.
But many of us also have jobs that provide us with a monthly share of dry powder that we wish to deploy at the most opportune moment. That’s why we’re interested in determining the dips. An honorable occupation me thinks.

We’re half way through the first month of Q4 but no ships seem to have left the west coast yet with destination Europe. I know of one ship that left for south east Asia. Is Tesla prioritizing Asian deliveries in the first weeks of the quarter or have they shifted to east coast shipping for European deliveries?

I'm amazed it took this long for this to be posted on this thread! This seems like a major change for Q4 deliveries - the sooner we can confirm what exactly the situation is for EU model 3 deliveries the better.