Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it comes to EV incentives in the US and Tesla, I really don't see why any Tesla investor should care if Democrat's get control of the Senate or not. To me it doesn't add any value to Tesla. Tesla is way beyond the point of needing incentives, especially with the carbon penalties imposed over in Europe. Tesla will sell 1 million cars next year IF they can produce enough.....not IF they get a new EV incentive.

Is it a nice cherry on top? Sure

But Tesla's going to sell every car they make next year. They will continue to drop prices through manufacturing efficiencies and logistic improvement due to localized production. Nothing's stopping this train at this point. Now it IS important that Biden won because while he may not be able to pass green energy legislation, he can keep Republicans and especially Trump from doing anymore damage or hurting Tesla in any way.

Now EV incentives would be pretty crucial for other Auto makers.....but honestly I don't give a damn about them anymore. No one should get rewarded purposely delaying their EV business in hopes of getting subsidies. At this point, Tesla shouldered all of the risk, they should get all of the rewards. And considering no one out there besides Tesla has the ability to actually ramp battery production, if there was a new EV tax credit, it wouldn't actually make/help traditional auto makers make and sell more EV's. They're still going to be production constrained for the foreseeable future because they can't just get batteries magically out of thin air. And that's all on them. They wouldn't take the risk. Them getting the advantage of a EV tax credit would really just help them with their profitability.

When it comes to EV incentives in the US and Tesla, I really don't see why any Tesla investor should care if Democrat's get control of the Senate or not. To me it doesn't add any value to Tesla. Tesla is way beyond the point of needing incentives, especially with the carbon penalties imposed over in Europe. Tesla will sell 1 million cars next year IF they can produce enough.....not IF they get a new EV incentive.

But Tesla's going to sell every car they make next year. They will continue to drop prices through manufacturing efficiencies and logistic improvement due to localized production. Nothing's stopping this train at this point. Now it IS important that Biden won because while he may not be able to pass green energy legislation, he can keep Republicans and especially Trump from doing anymore damage or hurting Tesla in any way.

Now EV incentives would be pretty crucial for other Auto makers.....but honestly I don't give a damn about them anymore. No one should get rewarded purposely delaying their EV business in hopes of getting subsidies. At this point, Tesla shouldered all of the risk, they should get all of the rewards. And considering no one out there besides Tesla has the ability to actually ramp battery production, if there was a new EV tax credit, it wouldn't actually make/help traditional auto makers make and sell more EV's. They're still going to be production constrained for the foreseeable future. And that's all on them. They wouldn't take the risk. Them getting the advantage of a EV tax credit would really just help them with their profitability.

It's not nessessary to have for Tesla to succeed but I think it would allow Tesla to make more money per unit and grow faster.

Although Tesla is pretty much at the point where cash isn't a limiting factor to growth so maybe I'm wrong. It really is pretty amazing how much they've planned for. When I saw them start taking about going from purchasing materials to delivery in less time than their payment terms dictate they have to pay their suppliers I was pretty impressed. They haven't left much room for something to trip them up in the planned growth.

It's not nessessary to have for Tesla to succeed but I think it would allow Tesla to make more money per unit and grow faster.

Although Tesla is pretty much at the point where cash isn't a limiting factor to growth so maybe I'm wrong. It really is pretty amazing how much they've planned for. When I saw them start taking about going from purchasing materials to delivery in less time than their payment terms dictate they have to pay their suppliers I was pretty impressed. They haven't left much room for something to trip them up in the planned growth.

No doubt a green energy subsidy package including a EV tax credit would boost Tesla's margins/profits. I just don't think it would add that much value or really help the company achieve it's goals since it's still very much production constrained. Tesla's current margins at a 1 million production/sales rate easily gets us to the 800+ level. Now recognizing 90% of FSD revenue per sale(when FSD goes public and in territories where it's available) at a 1 million sales and that'll boost margins/profits for another 100-200/share in value.

Could the added margin/profits from a 4-5k tax credit add another 50-100/share over the course of next year, definitely.

But the real next unlock of value after factoring 1 million sales is FSD robotaxi and Energy.

Actually thinking out loud, I would much rather prefer a package of green energy subsidies geared towards the Energy sector instead of the auto sector......now that would be more beneficial to Tesla since they are still in the process of ramping Solar and Storage(so margins are suffering in the short term while they do ramp).

Now EV incentives would be pretty crucial for other Auto makers.....but honestly I don't give a damn about them anymore. No one should get rewarded purposely delaying their EV business in hopes of getting subsidies. At this point, Tesla shouldered all of the risk, they should get all of the rewards. And considering no one out there besides Tesla has the ability to actually ramp battery production, if there was a new EV tax credit, it wouldn't actually make/help traditional auto makers make and sell more EV's. They're still going to be production constrained for the foreseeable future because they can't just get batteries magically out of thin air. And that's all on them. They wouldn't take the risk. Them getting the advantage of a EV tax credit would really just help them with their profitability.

Exactly. Incentives are no longer needed and just adds to the narrative that EVs NEED subsidies to survive. Get rid of them entirely. Incentives have a place but we are way beyond that.

Rumor mill. Tesla might be looking into use AMD Radeon Navi 23 in future Teslas.
Leaker has been 100% accurate so far on AMD related products. For those who doesn't know what Navi 23 is. It is the current generation of GPU that's not yet released. Rumor specs put it at around 80% of PlayStation 5 levels.

https://twitter.com/patrickschur_/status/1325217367509639173?s=20

Rumor mill. Tesla might be looking into use AMD Radeon Navi 23 in future Teslas.
Leaker has been 100% accurate so far on AMD related products. For those who doesn't know what Navi 23 is. It is the current generation of GPU that's not yet released. Rumor specs put it at around 80% of PlayStation 5 levels.

Sooooo..........you're telling me I'll be playing Cyberpunk 2077 in my Tesla in the near future :eek:

LoL. I guess as FSD ramps up, Elon might be seeking in putting a console grade GPU into a Tesla for perhaps new revenue stream.

In all seriousness, it would be logical for Tesla to offer a "Gaming MCU" upgrade once FSD is out(and requires no interventions) to people that want to have a high end computer(relatively speaking) in their car to do advanced things, including playing videogames.

Reactions: lafrisbee
https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1325162772720545792?s=19

Transport Secretary: Eric Garcetti
Commerce Secretary: Meg Whitman

Eric Garcetti is the BEV-driving mayor of Los Angeles. Could be great for TSLA.

Meg Whitman, former HP CEO. Got to be a forward-thinking person who understands how tech can disrupt. => helpful for removing TSLA interstate commerce restrictions by dealership lobbies?

What is the expected EV stocks rally with Biden reinstating EV incentives tax credits? I understand the global market is up an average 13.1% with a Democrat President and split Congress, but for EV market, the bulls will have to adjust to a more favorable situation and possible legislations.
On the whole EV support thing, I wonder if it won’t devolve into just another bailout for the legacy automakers.

That is, I’m a bit wary on this vis-a-vis Tesla: Will there be a net benefit for them?

And, I’m wary for EV’s in general: Will any meaningful number of EV’s actually be produced by the legacy automakers?

Wasn’t there a picture up thread with Biden in front of vehicles from the Detroit three, but no Tesla vehicles?

edit: Should be good for EV CGI and animation Tier one suppliers. :confused:

edit 2: Oh duh! Now I get the GM and Unreal Engine connection!

Last edited:
I'm troubled by the amount of misleading info about the deregulated Texas electricity markets being presented here. This probably isn't the place for a lengthy discussion on this topic but...
... lengthy discussion follows ;)

Not going to argue your valid points, but if Tony Seba is correct in his prognostication - the power industry will be steamrolled by ultra cheap solar power and Li-ion battery storage soon-ish. And of course, Tesla is driving the steamroller.

Balance sheet is strong but according to a group of 498 companies not indicative of any growth... Etsy— don’t laugh is just a broker business just like Amazon (excluding servers), Netflix until they made their own content, and a host of other brokered business models. Tesla is a broker of energy...

Tesla literally has autobidder in their battery system.

Calling BS on this, what would Tesla be use Navi 23 for on the car?

MCU (Currently Intel) - You need CPU not GPU
AP - Tesla designed their own