Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, there are so many they run together and offer little in differentiation. How many ANALists are there guessing numbers right now?

Do you ever go grocery shopping for stuff and there is too much on the shelf to choose from? Like cereal, or maybe say your spouse sends you out for "cooking oil" Picture that aisle, aren't there like 100 of them? It would be easier if there were just 2, kind of like peanut butter used to be (Jif, Peter Pan, and store brand). Now one has to ANALize things on your own to determine which one is better, poly, mono, or die trans fats, high smoke point, low flavor, specialty, blends, veergin, first press etc.. In the same way, there are too many people that offer little different and offer me nothing other than confusion.

Well Rob for information and analysis, SMC for lolz, that bloke with the funny name for battery tech and I'm done. Others will recommend Dave for investing. The Chicken dude is fun too.

I would agree with you on most stocks but the liquidity in Tesla and Tesla options is generally very high especially during a squeeze event. There was no problem buying/selling options/leaps of any kind in Feb 2019. I bought some near the top with a small portion of profits and bag held those into the ground, don't care. I did extremely well with options at that time. Lots of people FOMO and buy at the wrong time.

I really like buying LEAPS given all the recent news and the current suppressed share price / implied volatility.

Agreed that LEAPS are great, but the time to buy them, I would propose is like now, or if we get another C19 crash - I've also made a fortune on LEAPS and hold DITM June 2022's. Waiting until the announcement of the S&P, for me isn't a good strategy.

I hasten to add that I'm a financial imbecile, so factor that into your decision-making process.

There has been co-operation in the automotive power plant world for a long time, and it continues to do this day..

Aston Martin uses AMG engines in the new Vantage. The engine was the most coveted part of that car for many Aston Martin enthusiasts.

The Porsche Cayenne has used a VW 6 cyl engine for years - even before VW became the parent company.

The Toyota Supra & BMW Z4 share engines.

The Range Rover Evoque uses a Ford 4 cyl engine.

Aston Martin even went so far as to have not just a toyota yaris engine in one of their cars - but they just rebadged the whole car (from a Toyota IQ)

Aston Martin Cygnet | Aston Martin | Aston Martin

FYI - 0-60 in a neck snapping 11.88 seconds

...and the list goes on..

There is a ton of consolidation that has been taking place in the automotive world - particularly the high end space, as engines are expensive to develop - particularly when you have to amortize the cost over a relatively small number of units.

It's not too far off for manufacturers to license a Tesla skateboard and for them to put their own bodies on it. - Supercharging access would be a bonus for them - and nice profit centre for Tesla - that could be used to expand the network further.

Elon has previously said he's open to it.
Elon is not only open to it. He has done it before. WITH DAIMLER.
Mercedes B-klasse krijgt techniek van Tesla - ZERauto.nl
upload_2020-11-12_22-40-30.jpeg

The Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive: Electric driving without compromises | marsMediaSite
The electric B-Class was developed by Mercedes-Benz in collaboration with TESLA Motors. The two companies share many years of cooperation in the field of electric mobility. The battery for the predecessor model of the smart fortwo electric drive, for instance, comes from TESLA. For the B-Class Electric Drive, Mercedes-Benz is once again availing itself of the extensive know-how available from the electric car pioneer and is using the TESLA drive system in its own vehicle.

I just traded in my 2014 for a Y about two weeks ago. Was a fantastic car. 3 kids later it had begun to get a little tight. Still don't get why MB and Toyota didnt pursue that relationship any further than the CA compliance cars for the time.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that buying LEAPS after S&P announcement is wise. Why do I say that, well the resulting squeeze, if there even is one - because this is not a given, would be relatively short-lived, and then the SP would fall back down again, might even fall lower than it was, we do not know. Sure, we all say "less shares in circulation = smaller float, higher prices", well right now the float isn't being used by any stretch of the imagination, who's to say it won't be the same afterwards.

And then if you did buy LEAPS, who in their right mind would then buy them back off you at the peak of a squeeze, knowing it's going to fall back soon? That would be a poor trading decision. Weeklies, yes that's another matter, they may need to be covered, but LEAPS, wait-and-see.

I think the best play on S&P is a series of ascending sell orders, starting at your personal minimum sell price and then going up X dollars for each tranche. Pick a less obvious staring number, say $772, to avoid psychological resistance points, and then either add an arbitrary number, say $57 to the next tranche, or multiply by a factor, say 1.07. Again, avoid 800, 850, 900, etc., everyone puts their sell orders there.

Then either buy that island we've been talking about, or rebuy as-and-when it drops.

Only caveat is that pre-set sell orders only execute in main market, some might want to get in on the action on the AH the day it's announced.

Just my own thoughts, not an advice.

Another thing to add here is If you subscribe to the idea that Tesla is going to go on a tear due to SnP inclusion, or 2021 1M delivery guidance, or Fleet wide FSD release etc., you are inherently also going to see a huge spike in IV. Which means the rewards on Leaps is going to be doubly high.

Look how wide the Bollinger bands were during the month of July/September causing a period of exceptionally high IV.
The difference between upper and lower BB is huge and should become huge again once Tesla breaks out of the trading range.
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 22.47.21.png

Well Rob for information and analysis, SMC for lolz, that bloke with the funny name for battery tech and I'm done. Others will recommend Dave for investing. The Chicken dude is fun too.

So I think I mostly decoded this. Rob--Tesla Daily, Jordan Geisege for battery tech-The Limiting Factor, Dave Lee on Investing.
I don't think I know who the "chicken dude" is, but I'd love to learn. SMC 4lolz? Not sure there either. Solving the Money Problem?

So I think I mostly decoded this. Rob--Tesla Daily, Jordan Geisege for battery tech-The Limiting Factor, Dave Lee on Investing.
I don't think I know who the "chicken dude" is, but I'd love to learn. SMC 4lolz? Not sure there either. Solving the Money Problem?

Chicken Genius Singapore- definitely worth checking out

It is a very different market scenarios when compared to 5-10 years ago. My point is, that if Daimler/BMW use Tesla tech, then their brand value would take a massive hit. I see your point of view, however, Tesla is wayyy too famous now and the headlines would break television if legacy auto makers collaborate with Tesla. In the past, automaker's partnerships generally went under the radar, however Tesla and legacy automaker partnership is not going to go unnoticed. I am also wondering why haven't any legacy auto makers taken up the offer to collaborate on Super chargers?

Imagine if GM's hummer uses Tesla autonomous tech, wouldn't your faith about "Tesla is shiii#@t and GM rocks" come into questioning?

Last edited:
I just traded in my 2014 for a Y about two weeks ago. Was a fantastic car. 3 kids later it had begun to get a little tight. Still don't get why MB and Toyota didnt pursue that relationship any further than the CA compliance cars for the time.
Cute little rig! I bet MB is kicking themselves in private about severing that relationship, it could have developed into something; however the two completely different management styles of the companies would have probably forced them to work together at arm's length.

Speaking of inclusion. What's the best way to set up an alert for that event? Other than spending 24/7 here obviously. Google news alerts?
I have a google alert setup but it sends me lots of junk so not sure it's helpful.

What... There's a world outside this thread? o_O
Yeah but it's a bizzaro world. Here people get mad if you talk about stuff other than Tesla, in the other world people get mad when you talk about Tesla instead of other stuff.