Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this happened. I got the urge to really study how S&P inclusion works, if it's by share count or dollar value etc. And then I thought.. f it, I'm wealthy enough not to care. Is this the beginning of the end?

Welcome to FU money.

It's a bummer. Soon you'll be reminiscing about how you used to be so driven, smart and on the ball.

Panasonic is considering a new lithium battery cell factory in Norway.

From their joint website:

Leading technology company Panasonic, energy company Equinor and industrial group Hydro have signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) to form a strategic partnership to explore possibilities for establishing a sustainable and cost-competitive European battery business in Norway.

The partnership is working to assess the market for lithium-ion batteries in Europe and mature the business case for a green battery business located in Norway. Preliminary findings are expected around mid-2021 and these will inform subsequent decisions by the partnership. We will provide more information in due course.

Source: European battery business - Home

Google translated this from the stock exchange announcement:

Mototsugu Sato, executive vice president of Panasonic, says the company is looking into it strategic collaboration with Equinor and Hydro as a possible basis for the future development and growth in the energy / battery sector in the European region.

- This collaboration combines Panasonic's position as an innovative technology company and a leader in lithium-ion batteries, with the major the industrial experience of Equinor and Hydro, both of which are strong global players, to possibly pave the way for a robust and sustainable battery business in Norway.

Panasonic has provided the last two revolutions in the automotive industry driving force - first hybrids and now several generations with all electric vehicle. We are excited to participate in this initiative to explore the possibility for the introduction of sustainable and highly advanced technologies and supply chains, to satisfy the demanding needs of customers of lithium-ion batteries and support the renewable energy sector in the European the region, he says.

Source: NewsWeb

Panasonic is considering a new lithium battery cell factory in Norway.

From their joint website:

Leading technology company Panasonic, energy company Equinor and industrial group Hydro have signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) to form a strategic partnership to explore possibilities for establishing a sustainable and cost-competitive European battery business in Norway.

The partnership is working to assess the market for lithium-ion batteries in Europe and mature the business case for a green battery business located in Norway. Preliminary findings are expected around mid-2021 and these will inform subsequent decisions by the partnership. We will provide more information in due course.

Source: European battery business - Home

Google translated this from the stock exchange announcement:

Mototsugu Sato, executive vice president of Panasonic, says the company is looking into it strategic collaboration with Equinor and Hydro as a possible basis for the future development and growth in the energy / battery sector in the European region.

- This collaboration combines Panasonic's position as an innovative technology company and a leader in lithium-ion batteries, with the major the industrial experience of Equinor and Hydro, both of which are strong global players, to possibly pave the way for a robust and sustainable battery business in Norway.

Panasonic has provided the last two revolutions in the automotive industry driving force - first hybrids and now several generations with all electric vehicle. We are excited to participate in this initiative to explore the possibility for the introduction of sustainable and highly advanced technologies and supply chains, to satisfy the demanding needs of customers of lithium-ion batteries and support the renewable energy sector in the European the region, he says.

Source: NewsWeb

Possibly related to movement in TALGA

• Informative
Reactions: replicant
Thread explaining reasoning behind Berkshire Hathaway taking a 25 M share ($11B) stake in Tesla.

https://twitter.com/FrankPeelen/status/1328943541570179075

They have made an $11B investment in some company, but hidden to avoid moving the market.

It must be a large cap company (only 22 possibles in US) and one that Berkshire Hathaway do not already have a stake in (that leaves 15). This would explain 25M of the 50M missing shares, with the rest explainable by small retail investors, small institutions and delta hedging.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if ARK Invest has updated their Tesla price targets for 2024 already? Back in 2018 they published a white paper with a $1400 dollar base case, but of course Battery Day and the recent developments in FSD capabilities stirred things up a little. I tried looking for it but could not find anything. Odd, since Battery Day was almost 2 months ago.

I'm trying to make projections with probabilities how much my shares would be worth by 2024, for personal finance reasons.

Does anyone know if ARK Invest has updated their Tesla price targets for 2024 already? Back in 2018 they published a white paper with a $1400 dollar base case, but of course Battery Day and the recent developments in FSD capabilities stirred things up a little. I tried looking for it but could not find anything. Odd, since Battery Day was almost 2 months ago.

I'm trying to make projections with probabilities how much my shares would be worth by 2024, for personal finance reasons.

My guess;

They dont want to just yet.. It will be so insane and out of whack with the market sentiment that they have to wait.
Need SP to go higher, and the rest of the market to accept the trajcetory for ARK to dare release new estimate, and have a slim chance to be taken seriously. :)

Thread explaining reasoning behind Berkshire Hathaway taking a 25 M share ($11B) stake in Tesla.

https://twitter.com/FrankPeelen/status/1328943541570179075

They have made an $11B investment in some company, but hidden to avoid moving the market.

It must be a large cap company (only 22 possibles in US) and one that Berkshire Hathaway do not already have a stake in (that leaves 15). This would explain 25M of the 50M missing shares, with the rest explainable by small retail investors, small institutions and delta hedging.
Are you sure they are not taking a stake in Etsy— I mean it’s an s&p500 company...

Morgan Stanley upgrades TSLA to Overweight from Neutral. Price target goes up to $540 from $360.

Kind of saw this coming after Jonas's recent interview on CNBC.

View attachment 609423

Does this mean Adam Jonas can now ask a question on an earnings call that's not complete nonsense?

... nah, some things are just hopeless.