Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Takes a special brand of asshole to post something like this on a 7% up day and ATH close. I believe I was in the lead today until you decided to take the cake.

Neroden cared so much about Tesla that he flipped out at the lack of service and sold his shares. That's a perfectly honorable way to blow $1M IMO. Personally, it's crossed my mind more than a few times to see who'd be interested in donating a share(or a half) to try and rebuild Neroden's position as a TMC present. I would be in for 1.

I'm sorry your USB dongle music didn't play either.

Guess who found out there was a yearly limit to pay into your ROTH, and I was already nearly at it for the year?

Guess who also found out that I can't roll my military TSP ROTH into my self-controlled ROTH, and thus buy TSLA?

So I have to unhappily wait as my ROTH withdraws the overage payment, then until new year to drop enough into it to buy a single TSLA share, haha.

Also, FYI, my delivery date for my Tesla keeps getting pushed. Now it's 21-27 December, and I know of at least one other who's dates are the same. Looks like the Honolulu Delivery center will be crawling with deliveries the last days of the year to help meet the 500k marker.

I got a rich friend that invites all his friends over to his house and they get on their computers in a chatroom they all like. The advantage of you can type and talk at the same time...and drink...and drink. He's got 6 computers in his man cave. Mostly its Football. American Football. Open tap.
I could imagine the atmosphere if several of you were placed in such a situation... The positive vibe...

aah, dear schadenfreude. how have we missed you. Can't wait for these legacy manufacturers realize they will take forever to get mass production EVs with over 250m of range.

View attachment 615446
LoL

Yes argue with customers who need more range especially from non-Teslas just to offset the lack of WORKING charging infrastructure.

A 450 mile audi gives you about the same range anxiety as a SR+.

The problem (for market makers) with low volume large moves days is, the volume is barely enough for delta hedging.

I estimate we needed around ~55 million in volume as a minimum for a 40 point move (~4x the hedge need), and we barely got there or even fell short. And as I write this, after hours is indicating another increase. I don't think there is any real index buying even going on. Its just a paucity of sellers, and buyers adding deltas (via shares / calls) putting the squeeze on.

On that note, the hedge need at price points 700 and above has continued to go up. So more delta and gamma is being added. Here is the updated view from this AM when the stock was still in the teens.

EopHzWjXYAcITZL.png

Can you remind us what was her end of year target? At this point, it is probably the best prediction we have :D:D
@Words of HABIT I just got off a video chat with Mom. Strangely enough out-of-the-blue she asked (I did not mention it) how the SP was doing. We haven’t spoken about it since she called $2,500. I told her it was currently $480 post split. She nodded and blithely said it’s going to $900 and then $1000, soon.

Because I knew you’d ask, I asked ‘When is soon, Mom?
She said (a bit snappishly) ‘I don’t know. I can’t predict these things.’
I said, ‘Well, you said soon, so define soon. Is soon tomorrow? Next week?’
She said, ‘This year.’
I said, ‘This year?!?!?!?!’
She said, ‘Yeah, who was your favorite dancer last night? I fell asleep and missed Johnny Weir, but I taped it on my PVR so I’ll watch it tonight after they get me into bed. They’re short staffed again today, so they’re behind schedule. I didn’t like tonight’s dinner choices so I asked for a peanut butter sandwich. Yes, Tina, I’m ready for bed. Goodnight, I love you. *hung up on me*

I’d say she’s bat poo crazy, but I know she’s not. Some short term memory issues, a little ADHD, but not crazy. So there it is. Mom has spoken. (She can’t possible be right a third time, can she?)

Sit down and breath into a paper bag for a bit because Mom has called double the SP by spring.

Don't bother @Krugerrand. I found your old message with Mom's predictions. Like they say, the internet never forgets :D:D

So, when she said double by spring, did you ask double of what? 480, 900 or a 1000? Asking for a friend....;)

Aged like fine wine. Telling you guys TA is not BS. Sometimes there are just weak signals with probabilities skewing more or less 60-70% of certain things happening. But sometimes there are strong signals that skews higher. It's all probabilities really, not gospel.

The more people that "believe" in TA, the more TA "works".

Thanks, that's a great reminder and prompted me to do the same. Not ordering an empty bottle, no, but paying for an annual TMC subscription as a thank-you to the site that made all these gains possible.
Empty bottle at 2 TSLA shares price, I guess that’s a fair offer ;)

Today, my wife just announced that she doesn’t want to start back working after her maternity leave now that today I made her annual salary with my TSLA shares.

I told her to go volunteer for Tesla in Fremont. She’s an electrical engineer.

Guess who found out there was a yearly limit to pay into your ROTH, and I was already nearly at it for the year?

Guess who also found out that I can't roll my military TSP ROTH into my self-controlled ROTH, and thus buy TSLA?

So I have to unhappily wait as my ROTH withdraws the overage payment, then until new year to drop enough into it to buy a single TSLA share, haha.

Also, FYI, my delivery date for my Tesla keeps getting pushed. Now it's 21-27 December, and I know of at least one other who's dates are the same. Looks like the Honolulu Delivery center will be crawling with deliveries the last days of the year to help meet the 500k marker.

Isn't your MAGI too high to make Roth contributions?

Reactions: UncaNed