Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confess...I sold some shares on January 4th (to cover a large amount of credit card debt I incurred maximizing investments during the downturn, which debt was soon going to change from being 0% interest to 23.99%). Cleary the wrong move...but it feels good not to have a ton of credit card debt anymore...
Never regret eliminating debt, especially high interest rate debt like credit cards.

Damn it, really kicking myself for selling my 1/29 1,000c yesterday. :(
But my 1/29 1,100c is up 110%! I'm letting that one ride.

As long as you know that what you're doing is pure gambling, and you're completely fine losing all of the value of the 1/29 1,100c. If it were me, I'd totally be locking in those gains, knowing fine and well that I got lucky with a huge, unexpected (for many) rise immediately after purchase.

I confess...I sold some shares on January 4th (to cover a large amount of credit card debt I incurred maximizing investments during the downturn, which debt was soon going to change from being 0% interest to 23.99%). Cleary the wrong move...but it feels good not to have a ton of credit card debt anymore...
Less worry on debt, more time to focus on Elon :)

Welcome to the good vibes train, all aboard!

$800 = $4000

5fea1b67a644880018193805

800px-Heart_coraz%C3%B3n.svg.png

from cnn article:
Elon Musk is close to overtaking Jeff Bezos as the world's richest person - CNN
"It's not just Bezos who Musk is close to catching. ExxonMobil, the United States' most valuable oil company, has a market value of $188.6 billion. So Musk, who is the leading advocate of switching drivers around the world from gas and diesel to electric vehicles, is close to being worth as much as one of America's largest oil companies."

Ha! Forget buying other automakers to shut them down... Elon can personally buy EXXONMOBIL and shut it down!

At what point does the unicorn price plateau at?

Quite curious, has any stock ever risen this much in such a short period of time (the past year)?

Actually, within the exact same time period of 1 year, NIO I believe has risen more than TSLA. What is extremely surprising, however, was that TSLA was able to appreciate at this level when it was already a large-cap stock initially.

As long as you know that what you're doing is pure gambling, and you're completely fine losing all of the value of the 1/29 1,100c. If it were me, I'd totally be locking in those gains, knowing fine and well that I got lucky with a huge, unexpected (for many) rise immediately after purchase.

So looks like I set an auto-sell for if the call dropped below $4.70 and it triggered. Guess I can't be too depressed about a 100% gain.

Audie, this is not the first time you have strongly suggested shareholders keep a tight grasp on shares. Many of us do not need convincing but I am curious based on your background and standing on TMC if you could give some more detailed perspective on how you see Tesla & TSLA in the years/decade(s) to come. If you have done this somewhere else recently, please remind me where I can find that post (I believe I recall a post a couple years back now when you mentioned a potential share price in line with the higher end of the ARK forecasts but I might be wrong).
Hey! Do your own homework!

(I’ve fewer than 8,000 posts in TMC, with most on this and its predecessor threads. Surely you can find those posts :D).

Have they sent similar letters to Boeing and Airbus ?

Boeing's Autopilot is much more "automatic" than Tesla's Autopilot. Here's the difference:

When the human tries to take over from Tesla's Autopilot, the car just "gives up" and immediately hands full control back to the driver. It has a crippling lack of confidence with which to over-ride driver commands.

With the Boeing Autopilot, when the human decides things are definitely not right and it is necessary to take over to avoid crashing into the ground, the Autopilot says "Oh no you don't" and re-takes control. This can happen multiple times before the Autopilot drives the plane into the ground.

Tesla's Autopilot lacks self-confidence and thus is too weak to be called "autopilot". ;)

/s

Last edited:
Tesla's S&P 500 Inclusion Part 2: Predicting the transformation of the TSLA float

@FrankSG nailed this analysis... he predicted SP had chance of > $800 back in November.. i need to remind myself that the TMC forum analysis is always way ahead of the market ...

it is truly an honor to be part of this "virtual investment club" ... the work submitted here is second to none and those who have invested their time here have reaped some pretty handsome rewards ....

now back to work ...o_O

EDIT : for SP context TSLA closed $567 at the time of @FrankSG post on 11/30/20

Last edited: