Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are clearly no shares available and plenty of folks that still need to buy. This is what I assumed would happen the week of inclusion, enter inclusion at $650 top out around $850 with a spike higher, then a slight drift back. I guess benchmarkers and some shorts chose to roll the dice. How's that working out?

Aybabtu.png
Yep, I had a ladder of sell limits between 700 and 800 waiting for the squeeze. Never triggered on inclusion day so I nuked them. Now just leisurely selling a bit here and there, first to kill margin, now for an additional year's worth of emergency cash.

• Love
Reactions: Runarbt
If I owned a garage I would buy a Tesla LOL
It’s getting REAL for a man who has slept in a parking garage or two. Suddenly I feel like a kingpin Haha!

Again if anyone is selling or considering any property in Twin Cities area let me know.

Can one of you kind souls please direct me to a tax information hub that isn’t IRS.com I would love to see a more stock focused tax information article.

thanks friends, heading to 900?! When?!

I confess...I sold some shares on January 4th (to cover a large amount of credit card debt I incurred maximizing investments during the downturn, which debt was soon going to change from being 0% interest to 23.99%). Cleary the wrong move...but it feels good not to have a ton of credit card debt anymore...

I don't think that was the wrong move at all. Credit Card debt can turn ugly extremely fast.

Selling gains to pay off debts is a great use of your return.

I won't lie I am debating selling about 15% of my position to help pay some home renovations right now.

I confess...I sold some shares on January 4th (to cover a large amount of credit card debt I incurred maximizing investments during the downturn, which debt was soon going to change from being 0% interest to 23.99%). Cleary the wrong move...but it feels good not to have a ton of credit card debt anymore...
Getting out of risky and expensive debt is rarely a bad idea. The stock could have gone down to $500 for all we knew.

I know a good number of such, and I fear for the veracity of this statement...because of the understandable but lamentable propensity for some to cash out some of this largesse rather than holding.
Audie, this is not the first time you have strongly suggested shareholders keep a tight grasp on shares. Many of us do not need convincing but I am curious based on your background and standing on TMC if you could give some more detailed perspective on how you see Tesla & TSLA in the years/decade(s) to come. If you have done this somewhere else recently, please remind me where I can find that post (I believe I recall a post a couple years back now when you mentioned a potential share price in line with the higher end of the ARK forecasts but I might be wrong).