Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't someone post a few pages up that any one that has worked at Tesla for the past four years is a Teslaaire?

Yes. That wasn't true. I suppose it might be true if people didn't sell their vested stock as soon as they can, because... reasons. But there are always reasons and most people seem to find them. Most are just: "Money! Gimme!". Some are: "Got debts. Need the money now."

The ones who get rich are the serious engineers. One day they hear some other people talking about the stock and think "Wasn't there something weird I got when I hired on? I should check on that." Then they discover they have a few million dollars worth of stock they didn't know about. So they shrug and say "Back to work." Maybe they check again a few years later.

The key to getting and staying rich is to not care about money.

The ones who get rich are the serious engineers. One day they hear some other people talking about the stock and think "Wasn't there something weird I got when I hired on? I should check on that." Then they discover they have a few million dollars worth of stock they didn't know about. So they shrug and say "Back to work." Maybe they check again a few years later.

You’re talking about Elon aren’t you?

I think I can BEAT YA!
I just remembered. In college I worked at Wal-mart. around 1986. every year Sam Walton would match an employee's $500 purchase of Wal Mart stock. The only rule was that the employee had to hold it for either three or six months. The first year I hadn't heard about it till other employees started talking about cashing their $500 in stock out for $1100. The next year I not only did that, but I found an employee that agreed if I gave him the money that he'd do it for me for $250. So I cleared almost $2000 in that 6 months. Then I graduated from college, and moved on. I heard the next year that every kid that could put down all the money they could find.
But I wonder....$3000 in wal mart stock from 1989?
Seems I might have sold too early?

EDIT Ouchie!
$1000 in 1980 is 1.9 million in 2018
Walmart's massive surge just added billions to the Walton family's wealth — here's how much you'd have made if you invested $1,000 back in the day

I'm still confused by the ability of TSLA to make me look forward to Mondays.

My assumption was that people would simply motorize their islands and take them to the party.
I guess if I were roughing it...
OIP (1).jpg

HA! So IBD said TSLA is having a"Climax Run."
According to IBD this means it is done, or it isn't done, and it will keep on rising, or that it will drop and take 20 years to recover, or it won't drop for long and will keep on going up. but it could lose 10% or 20% or 30%.
No seriously, I hope you found that informative.
I actually like that IBD doesn't pretend to tell you what's doing to happen. They just show you data and lay out what has happened in other cases like this. I read that article without looking for a recommendation about what to do and I found it informative.