Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice little buying opportunity shaping up in the last few minutes
You are correct! 50 more rounds it off to 4 digits. (I have the evens, since childhood).

upload_2021-1-27_12-56-37.png

I've been asked from the "other tech stocks to invest" thread to post this here. We've been talking about the craziness in GameStop and AMC Theaters among others. This video is 15 minutes long but entertaining and very informative in explaining why Gamestop and others are like 11x their price a month ago. The best part of it is that the short hedge funds like Citron that were a thorn in Tesla side for years are getting creamed.

Last edited:
Not to mention, how many federal vehicles are small CUVs? Or sedans, for that matter?

maybe you don't realize how many cars you pass every day are government vehicles. Let me clue you in they don't all say police or army on the side of them.

Play around on https://vehiclestd.fas.gsa.gov/ and see if you don't see tons of sedans and CUVs you didn't think were government vehicles before today.

Bonus points if you want to figure out the make and model by the specs, can you spot the EVs in the lists?

upload_2021-1-27_15-14-22.png

upload_2021-1-27_15-15-7.png

Biden just announced he will replace all federal vehicles with zero emission union built electric vehicles made in America. (Paraphrased). So much for Tesla.

This set of requirements might be tad difficult to stick to...
1. Tesla is all out because of lack of unions
2. Chevy Bolt is out as it is ~80% Korean built
3. Ford Mach-E is out as it is built in Mexico
4. GM' Hummer-EV is already sold out for the only model currently available (cheaper version to come out ~2024)

So what are they going to buy ? Is Rivian unionized ?
What vehicle currently on market ticks all those boxes ?

Last edited:
I've been asked from the "other tech stocks to invest" thread to post this here. We've been talking about the craziness in GameStop and AMC Theaters among others. This video is 15 minutes long but entertaining and very informative in explaining why Gamestop and others are like 11x their price a month ago. The best part of it is that the short hedge funds like Citron that were a thorn in Tesla side for years are getting creamed.

I had no idea who these people are. Apparently The Hill have a million youtube subscribers and the video has 210k views already. There are 2800 comments. I made a point of skimming through them and I did not find a single one not on our side.

People are so feed up with the big funds.

Must watch video.

This set of requirements might be tad difficult to stick to...
1. Tesla is all out because of lack of unions
2. Chevy Bolt is out as it is ~80% Korean built
3. For Mach-E is out as it is built in Mexico
4. GM' Hummer-EV is already sold out for the only model currently available (cheaper version to come out ~2024)

So what are they going to buy ? Is Rivian unionized ?
What vehicle currently on market ticks all those boxes ?

I do not believe there will be a union requirement. I’ve never heard of such a thing and you can bet the government would be sued if that went out in an RFP

I had no idea who these people are. Apparently The Hill have a million youtube subscribers and the video has 210k views already. There are 2800 comments. I made a point of skimming through them and I did not find a single one not on our side.

People are so feed up with the big funds.

Must watch video.

It is indeed. The Hill is a news site about politics (The Hill referring to Washington DC).

FYI, on a whim, I decided to invest some play money into AMC, BB, NOK which are the next stocks that the reddit army is pushing to try to break these hedge fund shorts. I don't care if I lose it all, I just wanted to say I did my bit to stick it to them.