Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Union worker reference starts at 6:30

With his politician hat, he is speaking to US voters who are in unions. He really can't discriminate against a manufacturer whose workers are so content that they choose not to be unionized. He should be pleased when unionization is unnecessary. In any event, I don't believe that a union requirement can be placed in a federal "request for proposal" from suppliers such as automakers.

I had no idea who these people are. Apparently The Hill have a million youtube subscribers and the video has 210k views already. There are 2800 comments.
Welcome to the world of independent media. The usual news channels don't understand the lack of traction they have with whole swaths of the population. I think we are stuck with CNBC when it comes to financial TV news, but, imagine if you were a TSLA stockholder and didn't know about this forum? And you only had the mainstream media to get news from? o_O

With his politician hat, he is speaking to US voters who are in unions. He really can't discriminate against a manufacturer whose workers are so content that they choose not to be unionized. He should be pleased when unionization is unnecessary. In any event, I don't believe that a union requirement can be placed in a federal "request for proposal" from suppliers such as automakers.

Prevailing wage strategies have been used by unions and governments for decades.

“In government contracting, a prevailing wage is defined as the hourly wage, usual benefits and overtime, paid to the majority of workers, laborers, and mechanics within a particular area. This is usually the union wage.”

Reactions: wtlloyd