Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not the right von Holzhausen. The one at Tesla is @woodhaus2
looks like its his wife?

edit: linking her materials design site. Some nice looking stuff
von Holzhausen

upload_2021-2-21_10-17-52.png

Agree @JRP3 that Ross’ teeet storm is not consistent with the contents of the article he posted (which is why I pasted the article link), and more than a few people responding to Ross seem to think so as well (which is why I recommended reading responses to the tweets). Ross is as sharp as they come, so I am not sure what the catalyst was for this, and it will be interesting and a bit entertaining to follow in the coming days.

Note that Ross has also called out Gary Black for his position on TSLA /BTC and he will be debating Gary regarding TSLA/BTC on clubhouse this Wednesday at 4:00pm EST. Given all the discussion here about that topic it may be worth tuning in to.

I surely wish Gordo would sue Ross for this, so we could all enjoy a modern Brinkley Vs. Fishbein show. Gordo probably is not that stupid. And Ross is probably intentionally provocative.

Reactions: FireMedic
"The little dog laugh'd to see such Craft,
And the Fork ran away with the Spoon"
-The earliest recorded version of the poem resembling the modern form printed around 1765 in London in Mother Goose's Melody with the lyrics.

So now what do you think?
SpaceX stock reference?

I think you should be banned for the blatant poetry. You didn’t even try to disguise it and even flaunted it by using the word poem in your post.

I don’t make a habit of reporting posts as I like to pretend were all wearing our big boy and girl pants here, but you’re seriously pushing your luck right now Antman.

I just had an idea I really like: what if the FSD subscription doesn't come as 100-200 USD/month but as 0.2-0.4 cent/mile?

This would be a brilliant move as Tesla jumps directly into the Robotaxi revenue model. It would honor FSD buyers. It would make a mix of private owned cars with and without FSD and tesla owned cars in the Tesla Network very smooth.

Two great videos were posted on Friday and it has been really enjoyable listening to them over the weekend.

First up was Dave Lee (@DaveT ) interviewing James Douma (@jimmy_d ). James has a great way of focussing on (and explaining) the key trends. Hugely informative - many thanks to you both.

Earlier posters have complained that they found Lex Fridman's second interview of Jim Keller difficult to get into. It is perhaps a bit more nerdy, assuming a grounding in the hardware and software developments related to high performance computing, but after some of the more philosophical (?) musings it really takes off after 50 minutes with some incredibly insightful to and fro. As someone that was heavily involved in writing engineering software to run on high performance architectures early in my career, I found it a joy to listen to someone at the top of the game talking about future directions. The fire still burns bright in Jim!

The 'graph' architectures discussed will aid AI progress but variants will also be applicable to lots of classic scientific problems requiring matrix solution. Incredibly exciting.

My takeaway from both of these talks? The Tesla AI team (and others working on autonomous driving) are operating on the leading edge of these technologies. The problem is not solved yet, but these guys are moving forward and dealing with the problems as they arise. Things are perhaps going slower than hoped, but it is just a question of time. Being in the UK, where it looks like I will have to wait until '22 to be able to buy a Y (or S/X) I am just hoping it is all sorted by then :)

Hope you all had a good weekend, and especially hope any guys in Texas are staying safe in the bad conditions.
Oh man @jimmy_d is my homeboy! Dude is smart as balls son!

does anyone have a table of "suspicious elon tweets/profile pics" and the guesses we have made and then tally up how often it boiled down to something? Im honestly curious how often it turns out to be a nothing burger and how often it actually ends up being something
Because Elon made many references to spoon, and TSLA is in the S&P 500, there would be a very good ratio of hits to misses.

does anyone have a table of "suspicious elon tweets/profile pics" and the guesses we have made and then tally up how often it boiled down to something? Im honestly curious how often it turns out to be a nothing burger and how often it actually ends up being something
Analyzing his tweets correlates strongly to the thread boredom index, or TBI.

Two great videos were posted on Friday and it has been really enjoyable listening to them over the weekend.

First up was Dave Lee (@DaveT ) interviewing James Douma (@jimmy_d ). James has a great way of focussing on (and explaining) the key trends. Hugely informative - many thanks to you both.

Earlier posters have complained that they found Lex Fridman's second interview of Jim Keller difficult to get into. It is perhaps a bit more nerdy, assuming a grounding in the hardware and software developments related to high performance computing, but after some of the more philosophical (?) musings it really takes off after 50 minutes with some incredibly insightful to and fro. As someone that was heavily involved in writing engineering software to run on high performance architectures early in my career, I found it a joy to listen to someone at the top of the game talking about future directions. The fire still burns bright in Jim!

The 'graph' architectures discussed will aid AI progress but variants will also be applicable to lots of classic scientific problems requiring matrix solution. Incredibly exciting.

My takeaway from both of these talks? The Tesla AI team (and others working on autonomous driving) are operating on the leading edge of these technologies. The problem is not solved yet, but these guys are moving forward and dealing with the problems as they arise. Things are perhaps going slower than hoped, but it is just a question of time. Being in the UK, where it looks like I will have to wait until '22 to be able to buy a Y (or S/X) I am just hoping it is all sorted by then :)

Hope you all had a good weekend, and especially hope any guys in Texas are staying safe in the bad conditions.
Speaking of Tesla AI, has anyone explored how Tesla's AI tools will cross over into other industries? It seems natural that the vision tools will be useful for a vast array of other technologies.

Ok, my take on the fork is the image of mars and earth in the background, on either side of the fork. Time to choose? Seems a bit premature, but then Elon is always a few steps ahead.o_O

That is not an image of mars and earth in the background. It is Mars being terraformed into a warmer wetter world.

This guy (whom I never heard of before) predicts 200k cars produced in Q1, which sets up Tesla for 1M this year. He gets his number from...

Shanghai:
15k delivered in China in January ("reported by Chinese authorities")
10k exported from China in January ("rumor")
= 25k x 3 months = 75k in Q1

Fremont:
125k in Q1 ("known from run rate of 500k per year")