Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
223def-1614069701.png

"APP" Settings - APP STORE ???
Makes me exciting !

Lucid is doing battery energy storage.

That's good news and all I wanted to hear. I doubt they will ever do big volume but if they can take care of their own customers they will be doing their small part.

Then there is the other 90% of rich people that disagree. That is why Audi,BMW, and Mercedes sell ~8M cars per year.

It's well known that some rich people want everyone to know but most don't care and choose not to display their wealth with expensive cars. And that is illustrated by the very low sales volume. I don't even consider most of those 8M to be "luxury" cars. If you have spent any time driving the less expensive models from BMW and Audi you would understand why I say that.

That's good news and all I wanted to hear. I doubt they will ever do big volume but if they can take care of their own customers they will be doing their small part.

Lucid is also doing the equivalent of power packs for commercial customers.

It's well known that some rich people want everyone to know but most don't care and choose not to display their wealth with expensive cars. And that is illustrated by the very low sales volume. I don't even consider most of those 8M to be "luxury" cars. If you have spent any time driving the less expensive models from BMW and Audi you would understand why I say that.

Sales volumes aren't very low. ~ 10% of Global Retail Sales, excluding commercial vehicles. Audi, BMW, and Mercedes aren't the only luxury brands. The German brands have largely cut their entry level offerings outside of Europe. MB explicitly said they are moving up market. No money to be made competing directly with top spec Camrys.

People that do buy the least expensive luxury branded cars show aspirations to own the more premium product. As automotive sales move from the West to Asia the demand for luxury branded products will grow. Very little aversion to displaying your wealth through your car in China.

Why is TSLA so heavily traded in pre-market? I don’t see other stocks being traded that much, is it easier to manipulate the stock price? Can shorting be done in pre-market?

I’m not liking what I’m seeing lately. It’s been huge drops in pre-market followed by steep cliffs once the market opens. Sometimes TSLA down heavy in pre-market even with NASDAQ futures in the green.

And, no news whatsoever, this is pure macro related.

Why is TSLA so heavily traded in pre-market? I don’t see other stocks being traded that much, is it easier to manipulate the stock price? Can shorting be done in pre-market?

I’m not liking what I’m seeing lately. It’s been huge drops in pre-market followed by steep cliffs once the market opens. Sometimes TSLA down heavy in pre-market even with NASDAQ futures in the green.

And, no news whatsoever, this is pure macro related.

You joined in 2012 so you aren't new. It's certainly stressful, but this is hardly the worst tesla has seen. Maybe not even top 5 worst swings in the last 2 years.

That's like saying "you know a drop down to 70 from 150 would be concerning" last March. Yeah the only "concern" you should have if it drops to any of the levels you are saying is if you should take out a second mortgage to go all in or not.
You're pretty much right on all counts. Last March I was concerned about the sp drop. Not enough that I didn't take advantage of it but I was concerned the Corona virus thing could get a lot worse. Now I'm considering margin (for the first time) if the share price falls into the 500s. I'd probably ditch the margin if it dropped under 500 because, like I said, that's the point where I start thinking someone knows something I don't.

NASDAQ is a blood bath pre-market right now. This is a hard-core rotation out of tech and back into "value" stocks (whatever that means).

BUY DA DIP!!! Might be last chance to get in low before Tesla announces some real goodies soon.

I think people see COVID numbers heading in the right direction. Tech stocks were a safe place to put your money during the pandemic. Now people are moving things out of tech and into recovery stocks. Airlines, hotels, theaters. All these stocks are up.

I think people see COVID numbers heading in the right direction. Tech stocks were a safe place to put your money during the pandemic. Now people are moving things out of tech and into recovery stocks. Airlines, hotels, theaters. All these stocks are up.

Agreed. My AMD shares are getting hit hard as well, but the LEAPS are such a discount I'm loading up on them and will make a bundle.

With TSLA, the fundamentals are (temporarily) being ignored. $658 pre-market as of this post, which is nice dip to grab some shares on the cheap.

Cathie Wood is going to have a field day tomorrow if this keeps up.

Agreed. My AMD shares are getting hit hard as well, but the LEAPS are such a discount I'm loading up on them and will make a bundle.

With TSLA, the fundamentals are (temporarily) being ignored. $658 pre-market as of this post, which is nice dip to grab some shares on the cheap.

Cathie Wood is going to have a field day tomorrow if this keeps up.

I went all cash yesterday. I'll buy back when it looks like we've hit a bottom.

They say you can’t time the market. That said, let us know when we are at the bottom so we all can get in. 661 premarket. It’s ugly but tempting to jump in now. Got 10 shares on Friday and kicking myself for not waiting. Then again, I just DCA and buy in Friday’s…. Hoping for another 10 this Friday if this keeps up.